Blood Knights - Preview @ GameInformer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
GameInformer brings us a preview of Blood Knights the vampire slashing game.
During Blood Knights’ eight chapters, your two characters traverse dungeons and solve environmental puzzles along the way. In our demo, platforming puzzles requiring cooperation were pervasive. The good news for those playing alone is that the dungeons adjust accordingly to eliminate the co-op puzzles, even if somebody drops out. Dungeons also have plenty of loot to uncover, and no matter who opens the chest, the equipment itself goes directly into the inventory of the character it was designed for. Also, equipping different gear and weapons alters the look of your character. If you pick up a shiny sword, expect the shine to glisten off your character’s blade.
Each of Blood Knights’ eight chapters ends with a unique boss fight. Boss battles are not about blindly attacking. For instance, until we knocked out the first boss’ healing devices, we didn’t stand a chance. We’re told the adventure should take about six to seven hours to complete, including its fully animated cutscenes and voiced dialogue. Choices you make along the way shape the tone of the ending.
More information.

Sub-title from the publisher's forums :

Blood Knights
Deck13's neues Action Rollenspiel - knackig, episch, blutig / Deck13's new action RGP - now with additional blood !

The German-language text translates as : "Deck13's newest Action-RPG - crisp, epic, bloody".

Welcome to the Age of "dark & gritty". And bloody, of course.

Sub-title from the publisher's forums :

The German-language text translates as : "Deck13's newest Action-RPG - crisp, epic, bloody".

Welcome to the Age of "dark & gritty". And bloody, of course.

Poor Alrik :raincloud:
But to be honest, I clearly prefer Dark & Gritty to Vampires that glitter in the sunlight! :poo:

I have never seen Vampires that glitter in the sunlight ! :lol:

I guess you didn't get to see those movies ;)

No, in fact. ;)

It's worth repeating, because they're talking about 6-7 hours length:
Blood Knights is sold at budget price. RRP is 19.99€.

Given that publisher dtp went belly up a couple of months ago, and landed on their feet again, it's not far fetched to speculate that the Blood Knights project got downscaled along the way. So it's still 3 platforms, but a shorter game at a nearly impulse buy price.

Only 6-7 hours long disappointing. At least its cheap. I was hoping for more from the game but now I have low expectations.

Back
Top Bottom