Gamersgate Version Audio Problems

player1

Watchdog
White Gold, just like Precursors, shares same engine, as well as same issues.

Everything said here is true for White Gold too:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12401

On with the fixes:
badmofo said:
Anyway here're the White Gold sounds files if anyone's still interested:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TZ8WQOOU

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T5BMYFEZ

For installation, unpack to game main folder. Optionally, backup old gf_sounds.grp and main.fat. This will give you Russian voice files (which fixes issues with audio).

player1 said:
Ok, here is English voiced, cutscene override:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0NY71WH7

mirror:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/d9cgdg

Use it in combination with Russian voice files, to keep English language in cutscenes.

For installation, just unpack it to game folder.

P.S.
Big thanks to badmofo. Without his work on grp unpacker, this wouldn't be possible. Neither for Xenus2, nor Precursors.

EDIT:
Note that I only included cutscene sound files that are in fact in English. Other cutscene sounds that have no voices are not included, nor needed (they will be read from grp archive anyway).

EDIT: 18-feb-2011
Added new link for English cutscene override, plus mirror.

Last edited:
I just realized, after beating the game, that Gamersgate English dubbing has corrupted files for fist stage of final game scene. You'll just hear speeded up sound.

After inspecting sounds\cutscene\final folder, there is SCENE1.OGG file that has nothing to do with that scene, probably misplaced. If removed, you get same scene in Russian (if using Russian game audio), after which second scene starts that has English and everything.

So anyway, I plan to upload cutscene override without this file, and modify fist post with new link, very soon. Better to have non-localized sound, then nothing.

P.S.
Wesp5, if you have any contacts with GFI, ask them about this. It's quite possible that correct dubbing was actually recorded but not included due to an error.

It's really shame that in final conversation in the game, first part of dialog is either corrupted (or non-translated).

EDIT:
Added new link in 1st post.

Last edited:
Wesp5, if you have any contacts with GFI, ask them about this. It's quite possible that correct dubbing was actually recorded but not included due to an error.

I already did. The missing sound file is included in the 1.3 patch that should hopefully be available over the weekend and will be in the official GFI patch when it is released too.

Hey... that great!
Can I add it here, as part of cutscene override download too, after you release 1.3, just for completeness?

Hey… that great!
Can I add it here, as part of cutscene override download too, after you release 1.3, just for completeness?

I don't know, maybe. It would be easier though to remove the English sound file section above and just point anyone to the patch itself...

Yeah, I kinda agree. All these free hosting links "die" after some time, and your patch is hosted on more reliable place.

Wesp5, there is just one thing that bothers me with your patches.

And that's localized videos (translated game logo on game start, main menu, and stuff). GG users already have those videos in English, and it would be good if your versions aren't just forced on users that prefer GG one (make it optional like ATI fix for 1.3 un. patch for Precursors).

GG users already have those videos in English, and it would be good if your versions aren't just forced on users that prefer GG one (make it optional like ATI fix for 1.3 un. patch for Precursors).

As far as I know the GG White Gold loading screen still shows "Xenus II" and I don't like the TP screen they made too. As my resource files will end up in the official GG patches anyway, I will keep them like they are.

Personally, I always prefer customization over choosing one way or another.

Personally, I always prefer customization over choosing one way or another.

The problem is that when I once start this, people will end up with dozends of install options without even knowing what this is all about ;)!

Don't get me wrong. But today for first time I looked those replacement videos you made (for up1.2), and well… they look awful. Logo is "made up" and menu video isn't even animated (plus, is way to bright compared to original). And game is actually released by GG as Xenus 2: White Gold, not just "White Gold", with both shotcut and game directory with just Xenus 2 in the name.

Anyway, I would hate to point people to full unofficial patch, if they would later complain that their old logo, that they preferred, got deleted.

Yes I know it's a minor issue (and that those videos were crucial for uses that had Russian release). But after you apply something like UP, you can't really go back without reinstall. And those videos are only really necessary for users that have Russain release.

Last edited:
Logo is "made up" and menu video isn't even animated (plus, is way to bright compared to original).

The logo isn't "made up", it was taken from an official Deep Shadows trailer contrary to the GG title that is just the original one with the Russian subtitle removed. I agree about the animation but I just couldn't get it converted to the strange Theora file that is used. Any help there would be appreciated!

And game is actually released by GG as Xenus 2: White Gold, not just "White Gold", with both shotcut and game directory with just Xenus 2 in the name.

That's because they were too sloppy during the localization although in the west nobody will be aware that "Xenus" was "Boiling Point", so what is "Xenus 2" supposed to be?

Anyway, I would hate to point people to full unofficial patch, if they would later complain that their old logo, that they preferred, got deleted.

If my cooperation with GFI works out there is no need to point GG users to the unofficial patch at all, because they will get the fixes in the official one :)!

Bought it off of Gamersgate last night and am getting the sounds glitch happening too.
I tried downloading the Russian sound files but it's just taking too damn long to download off of Megaupload as I'm getting 10-20 kb/s.

Any suggestions? Should I install the diskless patch that was released? Will that help?

Any suggestions? Should I install the diskless patch that was released?

What patch do you mean by that? Also have you tried the following: ALT-TABing out/in or enabling Dolby 7.1 sound? If that doesn't help you should wait for the soon to be released official GG patch that will offer an optional Russian sound file as far as I know.

What patch do you mean by that? Also have you tried the following: ALT-TABing out/in or enabling Dolby 7.1 sound? If that doesn't help you should wait for the soon to be released official GG patch that will offer an optional Russian sound file as far as I know.
I think I will just wait for the patch. Sure by the time I actually finish downloading the files from Megaupload, the patch will probably be released by then :p
ALT-Tabbing doesn't work and am going to try out the 7.1 trick now. Should I activate 7.1 from within the game or on the computer itself? Running 5.1 myself. Should I try 5.1?

Just tried it there by putting my computer AND the ingame setting to 7.1 and.....great success. I played for about 20 minutes ther and not a sounds glitch. None at all. Thanks for that. Now I can get right into it and keep on playing through it.

And now it's back to glitching on me again. i suppose i'll just have to grin and bare it until the patch goes live.

And now it's back to glitching on me again. i suppose i'll just have to grin and bare it until the patch goes live.

Hm, so what happened? The sound was fine for a while and then effects started missing again? What happens when you ALT-TAB out and in?

Nothing. Still the same. And the download off of Megaupload is taking forever. I dont have the patience to wait 15 hours for half of it to download. Am I right in saying there are no other mirrors available for the Russian audio files?

Thanks for this but the voice quality is terrible, when people speak, it is distorted. You can still hear their voices and other sounds sound fine but they have a kind of static to their voice. Or is this how the original Russian version of the game sounds like?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom