Adjust FOV (Field Of View)

Burning Fish

Watchdog
Hey all,

I was pretty annoyed by the limited FOV of Xenus II and The Precursors and I found a way to change it and I'd like to share this with you.
You can change the FOV by opening up GAME.INI in "\Users\Public\Documents\White Gold\INI". Find the line "STANDARD_FOV=60.0" and change it to whatever you like. My personal preference with a 1920x1080 (16:9) resolution is 80, which is just enough not to get a fisheye effect. There doesn't seem to be any stretching or HUD issues as far as I've noticed. You gotta love these pure PC-games. :)

60.jpg

80.jpg

You can also adjust this while playing by opening up the console (`) and simply entering FOV 80 (or whatever you'd like). You have to edit the INI-file though if you want this value to stick.

Remember this method also works with The Precursors!

Right, if you are old style player and dont want to face the 'tunnel view' which completely maligns any common geometry and causes some fiction view but not reality anymore, the original way is to set in GAME.INI

STANDARD_FOV=60.0
MECHANICAL_FOV=80.0

on 16:9. MECH FOV on 80 looks terrible so I went down to 60, little more filled the screen with the vehicle but at least not like a strategy game at higher speeds, sure- everyone does how he likes it...

for both, FPS and vehicles, trying to ride this on higher numbers for seeing more at the sides just stretches horizontally only, means the view goes unreal.

Another thing, at some drinking contests in the game- never get too drunk and vomit, as this event (rapid zoom in and out) permanently changes the FOV to a higher numbers and there is nothing you can do against, after next saving it remains hardcoded and even you play in the INI settings, you cannot restore that anymore, welcome to White Gold and his bugs...

Back
Top Bottom