Tips for 1st BG playthrough and char build

I don't recall that getting someone resurrected in a temple means losing their items.

Afaik, the only way you can lose items is if the character is disintegrated, petrified and shattered, or banished (Imprison spell). Those effects are permanent except for Imprisonment which can be reversed.

Yeah it seems you're right. Don't even want to think of the time I wasted due to this on inventory management here (and possibly in PS:T) :wall:

Edit:
While I'm here:
I remember some complaints regarding how the EE handled/changed cinematics or something like that. Since I'm not sure what was the case in the original, did it also advance the story through voice-over'ed and flowing text+image after resting?

When a character dies, all his equipment falls to the ground. So in a sence you lose the items, unless you pick them up with your other chars.

When a character dies, all his equipment falls to the ground. So in a sence you lose the items, unless you pick them up with your other chars.
That's what I thought. It seems that it either isn't true or the bolded part doesn't always apply.

It was true for the original BG games, but I guess it could be changed for the EE. Haven't played enough to die yet :)

It's still true in EE edition. I haven't encountered a situation where character's equipment would have been lost.

Am I the only one that plays multi player so you can make all six of your characters in your party? I always love making my own characters and in AD&D you can have some nice combos in your party.

I remember some complaints regarding how the EE handled/changed cinematics or something like that. Since I'm not sure what was the case in the original, did it also advance the story through voice-over'ed and flowing text+image after resting?

The text thing is still the same. The only change is the actual cinematic, like the first time you go to Friendly Arm Inn. In the original, it was a "live" cinematic displaying the inn, but in the EE it's more or less a fancy drawing. They ended up keeping the cinematics in BG2 EE, but they were of considerably higher quality, so that's hardly surprising.

Am I the only one that plays multi player so you can make all six of your characters in your party? I always love making my own characters and in AD&D you can have some nice combos in your party.

Sure thing, though it's quite easy to end up with an extremely overpowered party. Also, I tend to miss the banter. That being said, it's a nice option, and I always felt it was a bit of a shame the whole multiplayer approach was required to create parties.

Luckily, it seems that the "spiritual successor" to BG, Project Eternity, will have a system that easily enables us to do both without too much hassle.

You could create your Party in Mulitplayer, move the saved game order to the Single-Player Saves and so could mix between self created and other NPCs. It worked just like a single Player Game then. There was even a Mod that parked your selfcreated Characters at some Inn when you dismissed them to get some Bioware or modded NPCs.

Just finished it. Posted my thoughts here.

Wanted to thank you for your help. Found the challenge more or less about right, maybe slightly on the easier side. Though it was about as difficult as NWN2 OC with the much better-non exploitable mechanics that MotB had and unfortunately more inventory management. Generally needed a few reloads in situations where I wasn't ready and had to keep a close eye on simple tactics like disabling and targeting. The final battle took me about an hour to get ready, healing and sorting through and distributing my potions and scrolls. After buffing everyone up it was ridiculously easy even after the opposing mage cast dispell. Aside from that the 2 fights against the devils and the one against the wolvewere were proper hard.

Ended up with STR12, DEX18, CON17, INT19, WIS17 CHA17. I was genuinely surprised when I noticed that there weren't any stat increases after a number of levels-ups :biggrin:
Should still be very much set for BG2. Planning to dive in it ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom