HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Presentation of Fallout 4 (Gameslice TV):

Interview with Gameslice TV:

Details on Fallout 4:

00:17 How Does it feel to Bring Fallout Back?
00:55 What does the new trailer tell us about Fallout 4?
01:45 How will current gen. systems/PCs take advantage of graphics?
03:00 How does the new weather/water and lighting affects the look?
04:18 Fallout 4's new color theme
04:45 Where do the bombs fall in Boston?
06:45 Todd discusses the main story of Fallout 4
07:54 Can Dogmeat Die?

More information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's play a game of who can spot the most lies, half-truths and meaningless/misleading PR statements.

It's like a game of Where's Waldo on the NES (which was also a Bethesda game): you have to look through mountains of stuff to find the one actual part that is truthful.

I am excited for this game. I think I have more pure fun playing Bethesda games than I do games from any other developer. People chide their games, at least those since Morrowind, for being shallow or weak, but I have really enjoyed Skyrim and Fallout 3. The base building stuff looks like a fun distraction, and I like the fact that Dogmeat can't die since I spent a lot of time trying to keep him alive at the military base in the first game.

Can't wait for this as well. Love the variety of games we are getting this year. I still wish they would have called it something other than Fallout though.

Looking forward to it as well and enjoyed the videos.

Can't wait for this as well. Love the variety of games we are getting this year. I still wish they would have called it something other than Fallout though.

not picking on you bjon, but what you said. How many companies, anywhere in the world, buy a popular brand and then throw it away and call it something totally different? The answer is none.

Bethesda bought the rusty, ancient, and completely irrelevant Fallout brand and turned it into something that has made millions and millions of dollars. People need to stop fantasizing about how great and wonderful the original games were. They were never all that SPECIAL.

the rusty, ancient, and completely irrelevant Fallout brand

I agree with rusty and ancient but I take it you don't read many top RPG's of all time lists? Fallout 2 is on pretty much all of them ;) Besides that wasn't my point. It could of been called something like Mad Max, Wasteland Survivor or any number of other names and most likely would have been just as successful. It would be like releasing an isometric Witcher 4, whats the point?

I am going to buy this though and it will almost certainly be a great game.

edit: Or better yet: Just call it Fallout 3D and be done with it. That way it wouldn't prevent a more artistically similar Fallout 3 one day.

edit2: And I do also agree it was a smart move by Bethesda. But as a consumer I like for things to stay true to their roots. If they call it a spade it should be a spade.

Last edited:
Also, this Mass Effect dialogue and voice acting for the protagonist is just stupid. Part of what made Fallout good is that it was YOU who was venturing out in a ruined world full of surprises. I don't want to stare at an Hollywood comedian delivering all the lines, I want this to be MY adventure.

It also looks like there are even more scripted scenes, and the "rebuilding/tower defense" part is ripped straight out of mods and post-apolyptic games like 7 days to die. I think it's just a huge and pointless distraction and time sink. It detracts from making a quality and tightly designed single player game.

Let's play a game of who can spot the most lies, half-truths and meaningless/misleading PR statements.

It's like a game of Where's Waldo on the NES (which was also a Bethesda game): you have to look through mountains of stuff to find the one actual part that is truthful.

I'm sorry...is this your tinfoil hat?

I really liked Fallout but I thought Fallout 2 was a step backwards. I didn't get the playing an indian after the first game was all about vault dwellers. I also didn't care for the car fast travel system. I thought Fallout 3 was a much better game than Fallout 2, and comparable to the original Fallout. Not in perspective or combat, but in how the storyline played out. FNV was more like Fallout 2 and I didn't like it as much as Fallout 3. I enjoyed all four of the games to a certain degree but think 1&3 are better than 2/NV.

I'm very excited about 4 and I would welcome an Obsidian type of FNV followup, though I thought the indians and caesar's legions were both silly. This comes from a guy who is part native american btw....

I think each of the Fallouts interested me, but like many above I preferred Fallout 3 over NV. Whilst I liked the plot of NV more, it was the bugs and the fact that NV itself was very small for what it was supposed to be.

I just read a story on the size of fallout. ITs gonna be huge.

non of the 3d versions stuck with me. coudnt get immersed, didnt care for the plot, characters, writing. and the gameplay was shitty also.
i dont have much hope for the series

I think a voiced protagonist is a wise choice for this kind of game, because it makes the story more relevant when it happens - instead of feeling like something incidental.

That's because I actually think having a strong story in a open world game is important, as The Witcher 3 also demonstrated.

Think of Witcher 3 without a voiced Geralt.

It's not rocket science.

I think a voiced protagonist is a wise choice for this kind of game, because it makes the story more relevant when it happens - instead of feeling like something incidental.

That's because I actually think having a strong story in a open world game is important, as The Witcher 3 also demonstrated.

Think of Witcher 3 without a voiced Geralt.

It's not rocket science.

I too like voice acting for the main character. When I am role-playing these games I think of my real self "play acting". So a voice which is different from mine is fine by me since we all do different voices when we are play acting :)

One of the things that makes Witcher 3 great is Geralt's voice actor.

I too like voice acting for the main character. When I am role-playing these games I think of my real self "play acting". So a voice which is different from mine is fine by me since we all do different voices when we are play acting :)

There are good and bad things about it, but for a more involving story - I find a voiced protagonist helps - especially when games are so freeform and open. That's because you tend to forget or ignore the story - and that's not good for immersion. Well, not for me.

But the key in Bethesda games is that they allow for total freedom when it comes to character build and playstyle.

I don't think that goes away because you can hear yourself talk in another voice.

But that's me.

Personally I prefer not to have a voiced protagonist as the voice actor will inevitably put their flavor onto my character. But I'm sure I'll enjoy this game anyhow!

I didn't get the playing an indian
That is exactly the reason I adore Fallout 2 and Assassins Creed 3.
While in reality I have a soft spot on asians, playing an indian felt so much more exotic and I loved it.

Sorry, but IMO FO2 was a huge improvement on FO1, while FO3 improved only the engine and made the most boring protagonist in a game ever. Unlike you I actually didn't get playing that Bethesda's… Dunno, maybe an indian too.
While FO:BoS is definetly the worst Fallout game ever, in my inner universe, FO3 comes next. It's all about taste I guess. Or maybe I was under too much of NMA influence? Or, which is probably the actual reason, or those CTDs ruined the experience for me so much it couldn't be mended by later patches.

Absolutely true. While I never spoke to anyone that I was an andventurer but took an arrow to the knee or no lollygagging, recently I'm constantly commenting stuff with "Mhm" that sounds (and works) exactly like Geralt actor!

Here I thought the guy they used for Geralt was imitating Clint Eastwood.

Here I thought the guy they used for Geralt was imitating Clint Eastwood.

Now you mention it, there might be some resemblance :) I was big fan of Clint Eastwood when I was kid and loved all the Sergio Leone westerns he did. May be subconsciously that's why I liked Geralt's voice ;)

Come to think of it further, Geralt's isn't far from the character Clint Eastwood played in the Dollars Trilogy!

Back
Top Bottom