Final Fantasy

What is Your Favorit Final Fantasy game?

• Total voters
Tried some FF game - don't ask me which one. I really cannot stand that stuff. To be honest I'm always surprised how many people like the series. I know it's certainly a matter of personal taste...

Tried some FF game - don't ask me which one. I really cannot stand that stuff. To be honest I'm always surprised how many people like the series. I know it's certainly a matter of personal taste...

I thought the FF games were incredible when I was much younger (early teens), but as I got older and discovered computer rpg's, they definitely lost some of their magic.

I still think they're a lot of fun to pass the time with, but they don't hold up against the Baldur's gate's and Gothic's of the crpg world.

Final Fantasy 1 on the NES is my # 1 pick.

I liked it so much I bought the re-release on the PS 1 in 2003 if I remember correctly.

It was great fun. Nothing fancy. Interesting story. Graphics were ok and still are.

FF VII is a close second and FF X falls third.

I am about 40% through Final Fantasy VII. It actually have a decent storyline and the minigames are a load of fun. The combat mechanics is quite annoying though but the story is good enough to keep me going.

Well, I started Final Fantasy VIII and I instantly got a headache. The mechanics looks alot more advanced, however, the in-game tutorial only gave me headache and was a really boring read.

The mechanics is a huge step from FF7. It feels like I actually have some choice in how I want my characters to be now. The bad thing about it is that it's a great learning curve with a rather weak tutorial. After reading a couple of guides I have better understanding of its all put together.

The storyline so far seems ok. I havnt really gotten far into the game as I spent most of the time grinding my GF's, drawn all magic I can come over, and collected cards...

Part VIII is when the series really starts to take a nosedive. :(

I agree that FFVIII was a complete nosedive - that game is horrible. I've tried to play like 3 or 4 times, twice getting close to the end (last disc) but that game is just too tedious. Characters are dull, locations are uninspired, the whole story is just lame and the battle system was bad.

BUT... FFIX is a completely different story.

I played FFIX when it came out and I remember it being so full of charm and character. It was the only 3D FF game that felt like the classic 2D ones.

And it's not just about the return to the "Crystals" theme or the classes included. The game just flowed, it actually felt FUN again. While serious at times, it was also lighthearted and had such a loveable cast. The gameplay also felt brisk, moving at a perfect pace. And the graphics were also amazing at the time, and they still hold up well today.

I would have to replay it again today to see if it is my favorite, not sure (FFIV and FF VI are tied currently). My PS broke down ages ago and I was a Gamecube guy last gen, hehe - so as soon as I get a PS2 (getting it just to replay FFIX, FF Tactics and Brigandine!) I will find out.

But definitely give FFIX a chance, especially if you liked the earlier games in the series.

Im playing through the whole series, so I am up for FFIX next no matter what. I have heard many who praise it so I look forward to it.

However, I do not have the problems with FFVIII that many seem to have. Even if they do not quite reach up to what FFVII was and the main character (Squall) is an arse for some reason (which I guess will be explained later on). The story is still better composed than many games out there (although lets face it... most westerners do not even try to be original or come up with a storyline that actually require brains).

Back
Top Bottom