NWN2 - Mac Version Confirmed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The rumoured Mac version of NWN2 has been confirmed by Aspyr, with an announcement having slipped under the radar:
AUSTIN, Texas (August 24, 2007) – Aspyr Media, Inc. announced today they will publish NeverWinter Nights™ 2 for Mac, the computer role-playing game set in the fantasy world of the Forgotten Realms, one of the popular campaign settings of Dungeons & Dragons ®, produced by Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc (NYSE: HAS). NeverWinter Nights™ 2, licensed to Atari by HPG, the licensing division of Hasbro, Inc.,is expected to hit stores for Mac in December 2007. The ESRB rating of the game is T for Teen.
About NeverWinter Nights
Rise from a peasant to a full-fledged hero as you defend the Realms against one of the greatest threats of the age!
Build a character that suits your style of play – good or evil, chaotic or lawful, with any number of skills, feats and professions available at the click of a button. Whether lobbing fireballs and researching forgotten spells as a powerful Wizard, hacking a trail through legions of orcs as a Fighter armed only with a battle axe and your courage, or taking on the role of a Rogue that can slip into the shadows at a moment’s notice, the choice is yours. Choose your alignment, your allies, your companions, and how you want your character to develop… design the character you want, role-play the way you want, and carry the battle to the enemy.
NeverWinter Nights™ 2 will soon be available for preorder through Aspyr’s website for only $49.99. For more information, fans can also visit the official Website, http://www.atari.com/nwn2/US/index.php.
The ESRB rating of the game is T for Teen.
Thanks, Lucky Day.
More information.

I hope that we will be able to do manual binary installs of the expansion like we could with NWN1.

I wonder if there are any chances of running the game under Linux. Iirc NWN had a separate Linux client.

I hope that we will be able to do manual binary installs of the expansion like we could with NWN1.

That's a good question, Mike. I'd forgotten about the hak job that people were able to do before the offical versions of the NWN1 expansions for Mac came out.

The MAC version will be released after MotB so I'm sure we'll find out right away.

I wonder if there are any chances of running the game under Linux. Iirc NWN had a separate Linux client.

No word specifically on that. I believe the Linux standalone server has yet to be released as well.

The NWN2 client sort of runs under linux with wine according to appdb.winehq.org, although I haven't tried it myself. There's also a thread about this on the nwn2 forums, although, again, I'm not certain how up-to-date that it is.

Server: I've seen many reports that the server runs fine with linux + wine as some people with NWN2 servers are already doing just that.

Mac port: At least they didn't pull the usual $10 surcharge this time, although I'm surprised that they're not doing a combo NWN2 + MotB release or some sort of package deal like the did with BG1 + TotSC...

Mac port: At least they didn't pull the usual $10 surcharge this time, although I'm surprised that they're not doing a combo NWN2 + MotB release or some sort of package deal like the did with BG1 + TotSC...
Well it isn't that there is a 'surcharge' it is rather that they charge full retail after the PC version has dropped by at least $10.

And didn't the NWN Linux client come from Bioware rather than Aspyr?

@cutterjohn: thanks for the info, I'll look into that some time.

Mike, yes the Linux Client was put out by Bioware.

There are two methods of install. The old way was by copying files from a Windows install then tweaking the configuration as outlined at their website.

Later they released a method to do it automatically from the Windows CD with a file you download.

The Standalone Server for Linux shortly after release I am to understand.

Also, very recently I was heard tell of making the Toolset work on the Mac.

Back
Top Bottom