The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I removed the link just in case. That link you posted alrik seems to be the Linux/Mac PyLotrO version. Useful, for those who wish to ditch Windows altogether, but not terribly so for Windows users.

I ran a scan, found nothing, and still have the Windows PylotrO zip file, so I'll back that up and if someone wants it, send me a tall here or on Skype. I'm usually working late, so be patient, it may take awhile to get back to it.

And on that note, I am on full production Saturday, so plan on my bailing early. Production changed, since we keep outrunning suppliers, so I probably won't be late unless something blows up.

I'll probably be an early exit as well. Looks like we'll have to get up at O-dark-hundred for this Saturday's cheer competition.

We need to discuss our plan with the Friday toons. I believe everyone has hit toon level 18 now. Az would be the possible exception. Several folks are already in spitting distance of the ceiling (Savage Dragon was there 3 weeks ago, of course). There's a buttload of level 16 content that we're all going to want to run (Vale outdoors, Vale walkups, Spinner chain, Wheloon 1 chain makeup, Wheloon2 chain) which will put every one of us on the ceiling before we're half done if we're not careful.

My thought is that we skip Harbinger1 this life. That leaves us with Wheloon (which we can't get to) and two house quests. We were also supposed to do a guild short-man over-level raid with Reavers. As long as Az has his level, I propose we take toon level 18 immediately. Then we do Reavers. Although we've got more flexibility with Reavers since overlevel is overlevel whether we're 17, 18, or 25, if we wait too long any raid loot will have little use to our toons. That would be a shame. After that, we dig into Spinners, followed by Wheloon1 and Wheloon2. Save the Vale for last since there's so darn much XP to be had there.

Harbinger1 is free agent favor, FYI.

Thoughts?

Don't forget we might want to fit IQ in there somewhere. Much as I enjoy Harbinger, I guess we can give it a miss this time. After all, I'm sure we'd all rather do Oal Chamber!! :)

IQ is level 18 content, so we've got plenty of time before a decision needs to be made on that. I believe Harbinger2 is actually the chain you enjoy. That's the one with the bed-boat. Harbinger1 does have the fashion show in its final quest, but the rest of that chain is mostly unremarkable (although still enjoyable).

Mirys is about 2/3rd's of a rank off of 18, which is insignificant. I can catch that up if need be, either next week or even during shut down.

Which is something else I forgot to mention; plant is shutting down April 1-4, for fiscal-year end inventory. I'm on vacation. So I can probably do some catch up, though to be honest, I don't think it'll be an issue. I have other plans as well, but 6 days off is 6 days off.

I agree that we hit Reaver's Fate, Spinner Chain to get people to Eveningstar and then Wheloon.

What about Litany and Abbot? I think most of us are either flagged for Litany or need just 1-2 sigil pieces. I think we could run maybe just on hard the quests needed to get the missing pieces. If we make groups together with some who have completed and some needing pieces it should be easy to forward missing pieces to those who need them.

E. g. Reywind needs 2 pieces (wings). One drops in Vol and the other is Fleshmaker. Since we all get 1 piece per run (50% chance of the quest related drop or 50% of the last 4 that can drop in any quest) we should get enough to flag all fast.

We don't have to run Litany and Abbot until we hit Level 18 or maybe even 19. It could be good to get everybody flagged and the XP (doing hard) from them should give Mirys her Level 18 too.

I think we only need to run 2 quests to get everybody flagged if we combine the groups properly.

Then we take Level 18 and do Reaver's Fate.

It would be nice if everybody upfront check their missing pieces and type it here. Like need piece 1,2 and 5.

KarlPeter: Is already flagged so I can forward all my pieces

I too would like to do Litany & Abbot, & I also can pass on any pieces needed by others, as I've got all mine.

Also, if there is something we want to run, but doing so would put folks at the wall, why not run it anyway rather than skipping it? XP-wise, the result is exactly the same: Don't run it = no XP; running it = no XP. Therefore, in that situation, base the decision on whether we like the quest/loot it gives, and not on whether we're at the wall. I too like Harbinger 1.

Yes, I know, I live at the wall. ;)

Klubbir only needs sigil piece #6 (center frame), which drops in all 4 quests.

@Aletys- that's not quite true since you're not considering the time invested. Given the difficulty of getting the whole gang together at the same time, playing time is actually a valuable commodity. Running for no XP is "more expensive" than not running for no XP.

That's true. We usually 'play' for 4 hours. In this time, we spend 2 hours getting Corwin unlost, then another half-hour with Corwin dumping his inventory. Then another half-hour with JM yelling at Peter (whether he's in her group or not). So at best we get only an hour or so of play time.

Hey! I haven't yelled at Peter for weeks.... (You can thank Tom for that..)

Easter Egg Festival Killed ???

Oh, they killed the Easter egg festival late this morning. I haven''t find any announcement about it. Doesn't mean it's not there, but I haven't found it, not that I've looked that hard.

Since it was supposed to go till the 27th, I wonder what caused them to pull it.

I REALLY don't want to run any more Necro right now; I could care less about Litany and Abbot (after all, he's our PM and you know what I think about ALL Politicians). Let's not forget the House C quests; I'd love another pair of Boots of Propulsion!! :) As someone who has only run 1 or 2 Wheloon quests with any or all of my toons, I'm eager to run the entire chain!!

I'd also like to add Hound of Xoriat & Vision of Destruction to our list ... they're fun & have a couple of nice items for rogues.

A discussion on the Akamai matter & stuff : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/437895-The-TRUE-reason-for-the-AKAMAI-service

I've just begun reading it so I can't comment on it, other than : I'm not surprised. They seem to have had it in mind for streaming, as it seems to me.

Response by Cordovan there :

The use of the Akamai Netsession client to facilitate distribution of launcher files is simply for that use, so any claims that it is being used for "data mining" or "another avenue to monetize DDO" is simply incorrect. The Akamai Netsession client is of particular importance to distribute new installations and to correct missing or corrupted files. Let's say you accidentally deleted a file in your DDO folder: Akamai will ping its network of servers using Netsession the next time you launch the launcher, discover that you need file X, and then deliver you that specific file from the nearest available edge server.

I think some folks are confused due to the EULA that is a required component of utilizing Akamai's services, which discusses various things that are not in use by us or the Akamai Netsession client as it relates to DDO.

Source : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...AMAI-service?p=5278570&viewfull=1#post5278570

No peer-to-peer is taking place, and Akamai is not using your computer to distribute the client to other computers. Akamai does indeed have a bunch of servers across a large section of the world.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...will-be-gone?p=5284071&viewfull=1#post5284071

And they really seem to get Akamai out of the game as well :

No. Our engineers continue to work on that, and we'll schedule it to the next available game update once that work is complete. As stated earlier in a couple of places, we're working to get it out as quickly as possible.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...y-March-17th?p=5285071&viewfull=1#post5285071

What I didn't lknow about is their new streaming on Twitch : http://www.twitch.tv/ddostream/

Back
Top Bottom