Project Eternity - Lore, Big Stretch Goals, Screenshot!

Dhruin

SasqWatch
In a huge update for Project Eternity as we head for home with 5 days to go, J.E. Sawyer has posted a large chunk of lore, a Digital Campaign Almanac addon, two big stretch goals and the first screenshot. Thanks to the various readers who wrote in about this!
A sample of the lore:
Aedyr - People from the expansive Aedyr Empire and its former colonies, Dyrwood and Readceras. Aedyr literally translates as "Many Deer", but means "People of the Deer", referring to a 2,500 year-old tribe that became a kingdom 600 years ago. It merged with the elven kingdom of Kulklin in 2399 AI. Among the Aedyr, there is no significant cultural divide between humans and elves. Because of their close contact and integration in spite of physiological differences (such as longer elven lifespans), their culture and legal system have developed a variety of unique concepts such as the haemneg, or ceremonial marriage. Ethnic Aedyr (mostly humans and elves) have fair skin and a variety of hair and eye colors, with blue and green being common. Among other cultures, Aedyr clothing is known for being relatively simple in construction and often using large, colorful striped or checkered patterns for accents.
The stretch goals are a full Stronghold at $3.0M and a "big city" at $3.5M:
Baldur's Gate and Athkatla are big cities. Spanning multiple large maps with a ton of interiors, characters and quests, big cities are a lot of fun. Like strongholds, they also take a lot of work to do well. We're going to have one big city in Project Eternity. Would you like two? If you take us on an exciting adventure to $3.5 Million, we will take you on an exciting adventure to another big city.
...and an "environment screenshot" - head over to read their approach to the art (link to 1920x1080 version).
More information.

I love the lore information more than the screenshot I think.

The screenshot is pretty, but the lore is just awesome. It really help building the world. We can also extrapolate that Cadegund is a priest of Magran with it as well. And I just want to see the Godhammer citadel or what is left of it.

Well, that is a shiny screenshot right there. I Like it.

Exactly the right tone, both the lore and the 'screenshot'. Simply gorgeous.

It's going to be a tough wait for this game!

Woah, they really hit the sweetspot with this one. They're trying to get the last days boom going on, obviously. The lore is great. I like how they're using nationality and not race as the main way of distinction, the screenshot looks delicious and both stretch goals are all up in my business.

A second city a la Baldurs Gate or Athkatla would be crazy, I can barely make it out of the first dungeon in BG2 anymore due to schedule concerns.

A second city a la Baldurs Gate or Athkatla would be crazy, I can barely make it out of the first dungeon in BG2 anymore due to schedule concerns.

Actually I kinda hope they don't get to that stretch goal. I hate big cities!

DEFINITELY one to watch but I think I'll wait and pay the full price when it comes out.

P.S. Pretty good graphics in the screenshot - really good art in the screenshot!

At what point do you begin thinking that it's "too good to be true"?

Since day 1 for me :D

Seems like Obsidian is really having a blast doing this too (well Feargus at least, he get to troll people).

That's great information and a lovely screenshot that works just fine for me as a new wallpaper. ;)

That's great information and a lovely screenshot that works just fine for me as a new wallpaper. ;)
That's the first thing I did too, Pessimeister. Right click, save as background. I was getting tired of the Skyrim theme.

Interesting how another level of the Endless Paths mega-dungeon is close to being unlocked as the total number of backers approaches 57.5k yet no level has been unlocked so far by the free Facebook likes of Obsidian's Facebook page .

Well, this pretty picture seems to have bumped them over $2.7 million. I'm glad for that, as I like as many classes as possible to choose from in my RPGs.

Static art.. meh. Make a waterfall look that good while animated and I'll be impressed ;)

On the other hand.. big city? Hell yes.. I'm in!

That's it. My pledge is now set to 500$, as I had been considering for a while. The screenshot, lore and big city goal convinced me it was the right thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom