What games are you playing now?

@ Gallifrey: Imho there is no comparing MTWII / MTWI. The second one is immeasurably better in almost all respects. You may be right about the music though - it's been too long I don't remember.

Have fun!

The first has a lot more visual style and the music and sound effects are immensely better. II has nice 3D graphics.
I haven't played much, but it does look like, graphics aside, II has much deeper gameplay, which is ultimately the more important consideration.

wait 'til you get to kingdoms gallifrey, the 'vanilla' as they say MTW2 is paltry compared to the expansion in nearly every way especially in the musical catergory. the only real reason to go back and play MTW2 is for some different factions. there are some mods out there as well that let you add some of the kingdoms content into MTW2 though i'm not sure if you have to own kingdoms for them to work.

X2 pissed me off this afternoon. I had just completed my recon mission in Khaak territory (no damage!) and switched back to my Nova to dock and complete the mission. The autopilot crashed me into the station and killed me. >:O Not sure if I'm mad enough to punt and install a new game to play.

X2 pissed me off this afternoon. I had just completed my recon mission in Khaak territory (no damage!) and switched back to my Nova to dock and complete the mission. The autopilot crashed me into the station and killed me. >:O Not sure if I'm mad enough to punt and install a new game to play.

Why in the world are you not playing X3 dte??

Several stupid reasons--
I never did actually win the last battle in X2 (that's where I'm at in my current effort--guess I wasn't mad enough to punt)
I wanted to have an apples-to-apples comparison of my new rig to the old rig on a game where the old rig chugged some
When I was picking a game to play, I was simply feeling too lazy to learn any new interface

Pretty silly, eh?

Operation Geneisis. Been wanting to play this game for the 4 years since it came out but i had forgotten about it and finally found it for under $20, or $15 rather. Its very much like a city builder which i love, and less like all those themepark sims which i'm not fond of. in addition it is jurassic park and the environments are lush. lots of stuff to do and i'd rate this as probably the best sim/city builder game i've played in the last four years. also since i'm heading to the island, in under 24 hours, where the movie was shot i thought i'd get myself psyched. i highly recommend this game for fans of the non 'military' strategy fans.

demo link
http://www.gamershell.com/download_1250.shtml

I'm still doin the same ole...

World of Warcraft + EVE Online.

I'm waiting for Age of Conan, Darkfall Online, and Warhammer Online to come out.

Its been a long wait for Darkfall (7 years now...) and if it lets me down... I dunno...

But I dont think it will let me down, I believe in it. And I am very good at futurology.

Warhammer online, now there is a game I'm really torn about. Do I give into my Warhammer desire to play a Skaven. It won't be a available till the expansion (damn rat hating beaurocrats) I will have to forgo my revulsion to anything MMO or do I say hell no make another SP and go back to CRPG and painting....hmmmm quite a dilema for this little rats brain. Making my whiskers shudder just thinking this hard ;)

As for what I'm playing...Just finished Night Watch and that got me in the mood for some Silent Storm again :) Plus I got Eschalon, Witcher, Avencast, Ufo extraterrestrials, Omega Syndrome, mage night(just started it and man I think this game really does stink :(), NWN2, NWN1 (for playing online with my mom in the states), dominions 3 and Realms of Arkania 2. I HAVE TOO MANY CHRISTMAS GIFTS!!!! and old games that aren't quit done yet and I don't want to delete. Oh well, time to get back to blowing away those nazis.

Operation Geneisis. Been wanting to play this game for the 4 years since it came out but i had forgotten about it and finally found it for under $20, or $15 rather. Its very much like a city builder which i love, and less like all those themepark sims which i'm not fond of. in addition it is jurassic park and the environments are lush. lots of stuff to do and i'd rate this as probably the best sim/city builder game i've played in the last four years. also since i'm heading to the island, in under 24 hours, where the movie was shot i thought i'd get myself psyched. i highly recommend this game for fans of the non 'military' strategy fans.

demo link
http://www.gamershell.com/download_1250.shtml

I'll keep it in mind - actually saw it in a second-hand game shop a month ago.

playing few games atm actually:

for PC
BG2+ToB+Mods
BG1+ToSC+Mods
Morrowind+Mods
Romance of Three Kingdoms 5
NWN+Mods

for consoles:
Dynasty Warriors 5+ Legendary Edition
Fusion Frenzy 2
Halo1,2,3
BG2: Alliance

The first has a lot more visual style and the music and sound effects are immensely better. II has nice 3D graphics.
I haven't played much, but it does look like, graphics aside, II has much deeper gameplay, which is ultimately the more important consideration.

MTW2 is definitely better in most aspects, with the exception that the AI doesnt handle the 3D map too well. Sometimes it feels like CA still use an AI that is optimized for a risk-type map:p

It's a fun game though, and the one I've sunk the most time into the last two months.

I'm replaying Divine Divinity ... missed the '5 year anniversary replay' by a few months ;)

lol, didn't know this was sooo long ago ... ;)

I don't want to play it again - which is parttly due to my good memory.
That's why I rearely read books twice as well. It has to be a *good* book to make me want reading it several times ! ;)

Im playing the final game before it's time to go back to school. The game is Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. It's actually the game I bought my PS2 for in the first place so it's kinda ironic I did not begin to play it until now. This game is actually teaching me alot even if I cannot tell if what's true or not. Since it takes place during the cold war 1964 there are lots of references to that era in history and listening through just the radio messages is like a history lesson. I have played all the games in the series, including the MSX originals and at least MGS1/2 was deeply political and philosophical and I really cannot tell many games that catch up in terms of deep, complex and philosophically inspired storylines. It's a game that's really well made when it comes to unique gameplay as well. It's the father of stealth games and MGS3 takes the game to another level, introducing camouflage and survival (including chasing and eating animals). Anyway, I play the game mostly for the story, but you can tell you are playing something extra when a game have far more features than you even bother to use, even if you use many.

Now I'm replaying Warhammer: Mark of Chaos I'm trying to help Chamr with the game but I think he is doing a lot better than I am:blush:

I'm currently playing FF IX and Santa's Cubes :).

I still have a bunch of stuff going on, with the only new addition being Sam & Max season 2, episode 2. Gawd I am *SO* far behind in my reviews ... I do have another handheld article almost done as well ...

Playing bits and pieces of this and that. Still have some Medieval II and Civ4 games on the go, I re-installed Deus Ex, and am back to WoW.

I seem to be developing gamer ADHD or something.

Back
Top Bottom