Wasteland 2 - Dr. Goochman Image

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
InXile Entertainment released a new image of Dr. Goochman on the games Tumblr page.

tumblr_n85aw2LKlW1sqkv5zo1_1280.jpg

Dr. Goochman would like to share his thoughts on mankind.
More information.

man the art design for W2 is so 6-7 out of 10. not sure whats up with that

Depends on taste i guess. Perhaps it is (not) too realistic for you?

man the art design for W2 is so 6-7 out of 10. not sure whats up with that

+1. And as a consequence I'm disrespecting them for mediocrity, so I cannot take their game seriously so W2 can will sink to oblivion as far as I'm concerned and others voiced their frustration that years older isometric games look better than this *thing* so I'm not alone.

I liked their concept character art until now (although not the feeble jokes that went with them). This thing is a bit grade school though.

I think it is clear that they are a notch below obsidian. But still very much looking forward to it

the game is a bit of a bore.

Why do you say that? Can you give some impressions of it thus far?

It seems to me that a lot of resources went into combat, with destructible environments and what not. I would prefer if those resources were spent elsewhere, but I haven't played the game to really see what it's like yet. I do look forward to it but I won't play it until I'm done with all the classic games first (including Wasteland 1).

Why do you say that? Can you give some impressions of it thus far?

It seems to me that a lot of resources went into combat, with destructible environments and what not. I would prefer if those resources were spent elsewhere, but I haven't played the game to really see what it's like yet. I do look forward to it but I won't play it until I'm done with all the classic games first (including Wasteland 1).

I've only put a few hours into it, but I don't really like it, so far.

It seems bland and uninspired. The mechanics are subpar - and especially the character progression is suffering from skill bloat with a severe lack of flavor. They haven't got traits, perks, aimed shots or anything like that. Combat is straightforward with little tension or tactical nuance, so far.

Visually, it's not very exciting and it doesn't perform very well.

The one saving grace might be the story, though what I've experienced of it seems middling at best.

Maybe they can pull off some magic before release, but I'm not seeing it.

I read that the game doesnt even have day/night cycles. That's very disapointing and, to me, seems completely out of place in a open world game. I don'think either Baldur's Gate or Fallout would feel the same without it. I've worked on indie games with next to zero budget and they've pulled it off. $3 million is an insane amount of money i think.

I've only put a few hours into it, but I don't really like it, so far.

It seems bland and uninspired. The mechanics are subpar - and especially the character progression is suffering from skill bloat with a severe lack of flavor. They haven't got traits, perks, aimed shots or anything like that. Combat is straightforward with little tension or tactical nuance, so far.

Visually, it's not very exciting and it doesn't perform very well.

The one saving grace might be the story, though what I've experienced of it seems middling at best.

Maybe they can pull off some magic before release, but I'm not seeing it.

Thanks for the impressions!

Back
Top Bottom