Dragon Age: Inquisition - Another Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well here are two more news articles for Dragon Age: Inquisition this week. The first article is a new interview with Mike Laidlaw at Gamingbolt.

Leonid Melikhov: Tell us from a top level what has changed in Inquisition? How is it different from Dragon Age 2 and yet has the same feel and vibe as Dragon Age Origins?

Mike Laidlaw: Well, that’s a good question. There are really two big things that have shifted. We’re really trying to do “best of” for the Dragon Age feeling, because we talked about this as making it the defining Dragon Age experience. That means pulling in the tactical camera from Origins which was only good on PC.

Putting it on all 5 platforms, which was a fundamental decision from day one, and being able to retain our focus on that has really worked for Dragon Age which makes it kind of unique and stand out. Focusing on the party, party dynamics and interaction, both when you’re engaging in dialogue and when you engage in combat. You’ve got four characters direct under control the way you go.

Those are the things that I think are really critical to keeping it feeling it like Dragon Age, but our opportunity was when we moved to Frostbite, the new engine. It was like “oh wow, we need to retool a lot of stuff” but it was an engine that was used to make jet fighters fight over the top of tanks, fight over top of guys and we were like “well we could do big spaces right?” We could actually go back to exploration and in Origins I think we wanted that feeling but the engine could never quite match it.

With Inquisition, we’re letting you set a few of your own objectives to pursue your own goals and basically be able to crest the bridge and go “hey, what’s that thing down there? I wanna find out..” and that sense of discovery is just so much better.
The second article is from Gamemoir about the hate for Bioware after releasing the list of romancable npc's in the game. They actually make a good point.
In the end though it really should not matter what was done or how the game is; extreme hate and anger is never helpful nor justified. It certainly sucks that you will not be able to romance your favorite character with a male qunari in Dragon Age and its no fun that your favorite sniper rifle no longer shoots as fast. The way you played or want to play the game has been changed its not what you wanted it to be. Being upset at that is okay and it is certainly okay to let BioWare or Treyarch or DICE or whoever that you are upset. But you if you just scream at them “you suck! go die in a fire!” they will not listen. That message is just meaningless and does not help them understand why you are upset so it will be ignored. Now if you tell them “I disagree with this latest thing because of x and y” well then they might.

At the very least its worth having respect for them as a fellow person who is just trying to do the best they can at their job. And after all, while you may not like how the game turned out, you would not have it at all without them. That is worth something at least.
More information.

what got me in DAO was this.. moment where there was a poem of incest, and rape. I don't even know if I dreamed it, if it was a DLC or not. But that single thing made the game from mediocre to good.

hope the quests and stories dont feel disconnected. da2 everything felt like a filler.. even the main plot big ones

Can't believe I'm defending Bioware on this, going on such a rage especially about 2 Romance options is beyond silly.
Of course the answer of this Allan Schuman ? guy was beyond stupid too.

Next time either say nothing or say we felt the two characters fit best with the story and they characterization of said characters only leaves these romance options open. Or something like that.

Don't go on a silly angle about social justice, although the whole debate was entertaining, especially if you keep in mind it really only was about 2 romanceable NPCs…………………

Back
Top Bottom