Skyrim Is Skyrim better than Oblivion?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
My opinion would be that Skyrim is way superior to Oblivion, and slightly behind Morrowind. The immersion in Morrowind just made more sense, and compelled me to actually miss sleep and such. I very much doubt Skyrim will be on my harddrive in 3 yrs, yet Morrowind is, and will be for much longer.

And what is this gibberish about watching other people play a game? That's like watching people have sex when you're married or have a gf/bf.....wouldn't it make more sense to do it yourself?? I don't get it. Quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard!

-Carn

Steam says I haven't played Skyrim since last Friday, but my experience so far has been somewhere between like and dislike.

I've had quite a bit of fun playing a mage character. It's enjoyable throwing a paralyze spell at a high level creature while you clean up some of the weaker ones (or just throwing a paralyze spell in large groups to make the fight more bearable). Archery piqued my interest when I was sneaking and was able to land a few critical hits, but doesn't feel as exciting as magic.

Having said that, I felt that NPCs, for the most part, were forgettable and in no way unique. There weren't very many instances that would "wow" me as far as the environment is concerned, save for the tundra outside Whiterun. Quests eventually fell into the repetitive side (not including dragon fights, which are repetitive and obtrusive in their own manner, but still challenging). The lack of spell creation and general spell variety is sort of a downfall for me.

I'll have to load it up again at some point, but at the moment I started a few new playthroughs on older games, so I'm a bit preoccupied with those. I just can't seem to muster the will to hit the "play" buttom on Steam (and before anyone says anything, I have not played too much Skyrim to need a break from it!).

Overall, I think Skyrim has taken a few steps toward the right direction while taking a few steps back (Dark Brotherhood is an example).

Last edited:
Ok so let me change question a bit: Is Skyrim better than Morrowind?
Not in my book.
Not better RPG and not better sandbox/open world game. Better action game, yes.
But it´s pretty close overall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom