Two Worlds II - Reviews @ Terminal Gamer, FS

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Here are a couple of Two Worlds II reviews. First, Terminal Gamer says 8/10:
The story has a depth and character list that goes well beyond most RPG’s, and you could easily spend weeks playing through the entire game. Lockpicking, pick pocketing, sword fighting, quests, and so on, lead you in to a world that is well designed and though out. The overall map of Antaloor is huge, but portals can be found that help you to quickly navigate between the areas of the map. There’s also a portal stone that will allow you travel to any given portal and a personal portal stone which can be dropped in a spot and become a temporary portal so as to be able to move between your current location and another portal. This is very helpful if you need to pick a lock but are out of picks. Drop your stone, teleport to a town and buy some lock picks, then teleport back to your personal stone. Be sure to pick it back up though.
FiringSquad has a large multi-page review and despite criticising all manner of things, their score is still 76%:
As it turns out, fighting in Two Worlds II is a bit dicey. I found both archery and spell-slinging to be rather awkward, so I opted for melee. Unfortunately, that boils down to alternating clicks and space bar taps, which is the only reliable way to get your warrior to attack at a consistent pace. You’re supposed to be able chain combinations together by appropriately spacing out your clicks, but there’s no clear indication as to how to do that and the timing varies depending on the type of weapon, how you’re using it (one-handed, two-handed, dual-wielding), and whether you are in an offensive or defensive stance. Yet more illusion of tactical depth is provided by the ability to block and parry, which really only serve to slow you down, especially when the majority of enemies use them as an excuse to just stand there and defend 80% of the time, preventing all damage except that from a special penetrating attack skill…
But wait, you’re still not finished with the prologue! By the time it’s through trying your patience, you’ll realize that the story makes very little sense, the writing is terrible, and the actors have less talent for reading a line than a bunch of tenth grade students forced to put on a production of Julius Caesar for their English class. Fortunately, things get a lot more interesting once you arrive in the first small town and are allowed the freedom to wander around and do as you please. As with most other open-world RPGs, Two Worlds II presents you with a whole boat load of side quests on your journey between locations critical to the main storyline. There are at least a couple hundred of these odd jobs throughout the game, and will constitute the majority of the time you spend playing.
In other Two Worlds II news, Southpeak has released another Sordahon's Journey, which appears to poke some fun at their delays in getting the game out. Check it out at Two Worlds Vault.
More information.

Personally I found it oddly hypocritical of FS to have this part at the end of the review:
I’ve heard that multiplayer takes place separately from the campaign, however, which would make sense considering there is a huge section of the map that you never get to visit in single-player. Maybe I should’ve taken a look at that…
Considering FS's mission statement in "About us..." section:
In addition, the explosion of PC gaming brought with it a wave of multiplayer games, growing the phenomenon of competitve play. Reviews that simply covered single-player campaigns only told half the story.
So... yeah... FS tell only half the story here :p

Back
Top Bottom