Fable Anniversary - Possible PC Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
Dumb, dumber, Fable

Anniversary isn't basically Fable 1 with better graphics, but mantaining the same gameplay issues? Guess I prefer to see Fable 2 in PC (at least to have all the series...)

Fable 3

I played Fable 3 recently to clear it out of my backlog before GFWL goes kaput. Truly one of the most awful RPGs I have ever played. I played on the hardest difficulty option available, and I died..... zero times. I don't believe that has happened in any RPG I have played, ever. Where's the fun in that?

Difficulty is only one of many things which make Fable 3 such an awful game...

I played Fable 3 recently to clear it out of my backlog before GFWL goes kaput. Truly one of the most awful RPGs I have ever played. I played on the hardest difficulty option available, and I died….. zero times. I don't believe that has happened in any RPG I have played, ever. Where's the fun in that?

I don't remember that from Fable 3. I remember endless respawns that are not just mobs but also dog digsites. And poor me, I've expected so much different content instead of repetitive crap.

Oh and I remember possibly the worst inventory system ever made.

Fable 3 on consoles, sure, I couldn't care less what design is sold on consoles.
But to put Fable 3 in that shape on PC and ask the money for it? Still can't believe they actually dared to do it. Did they really think we're all idiots?

Don't all Fable games rely on a magical glowing trail to show you exactly where you need to go?

I recall playing Fable 2 I think it was, and tried turning the trail off, and then had no idea where to go because no one gave you enough directions. Needless to say I didn't play the game very long after that.

Glowing trails are not cool.

Fable1&3 do have a handhold system. Dunno about 2, that game was never ported on PC. And it's probably better that way.

You guys are being pretty hard on Fable, I think. It's a deliberately casual fairy tale - and I think it's quite charming. It's not trying to be Gothic or The Witcher.

Sure, Molyneux said it would be the best RPG in the world - but even back then you should have learned to ignore everything he says.

The first game had a nice character system with lots of freedom and cool combat, and I loved the atmosphere and music. Game was too short, but I enjoyed it quite a bit for what it was. I particularly loved the Demon Door riddles and the Balverine monsters :)

Fable 2 was longer and retained a nice setting, but I didn't care for the changes to the mechanics, as they made it all but impossible to fail.

I never played Fable 3 much, though, as it ran like crap on PC - and I never tried the console version.

I'd welcome an enhanced version, though I wish they'd add some more content.

One could call F3 all sort of names (like awful, terrible, stupid, annoying, preposterous etc. etc. etc.) but certainly not "quite charming".

No one can call F3 quite charming for the reasons I have stated.

:lol:

i'm with dartagnan. Fable has its shortcomings (not the least of which is lack of a hardcore mode) but it also features some of the best voice acting and art ever put into a game. it's not a great rpg series but it's a phenomenal way to get your *insert casual gamer friend* into rpgs. anyway, F2 was by far the best of the series. why they keep rereleasing the worse ones i have no idea.

its weird; i just realized i have the same exact opinion of fable as of dragon age 2. only, nearly everyone i know hates on the former and gushes over the latter. it annoys the shit outta me.

its weird; i just realized i have the same exact opinion of fable as of dragon age 2. only, nearly everyone i know hates on the former and gushes over the latter. it annoys the shit outta me.

Nearly everyone you know gushes over Dragon Age 2? You know some odd people to say the least. :)

hehe, i live far from my youthhood home, so most of my friends here are.... geeky, but not really into math. :p so most rpgs are too hard; they prefer recent bioware and squaresoft titles.

Back
Top Bottom