Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Release Patch

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The release patch for Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods is available in German and English. From the JoWood boards:
The first update for the addon fixes following issues:

* 1. Potential main-quest blockers removed
* 2. Graphical and performance related improvements (incl. system stabilization)
* 3. Texts and voice-overs completed and enlarged
* 4. Several gamplay elements were improved
More information.

Can anybody post some detailed impressions from the game?

Does the downloadable version at Jowood contain the latest version ?

Anyone know what the Potential main-quest blockers removed is? Not being able to liberate any more towns stopped me playing the game. If that's been changed I could be tempted to give it another go...

Daniel.

Impressions can be found in the other tread nearby.

There are no towns to liberate. The add-on plays a couple of years after the main game. The war against the orcs is over.

Anyone know what the Potential main-quest blockers removed is? Not being able to liberate any more towns stopped me playing the game. If that's been changed I could be tempted to give it another go...

Daniel.

You're talking about Gothic 3, just look for the patches

New title for the addon

Sadly, this addon has already a new title in forums of www.worldofgothic.com...

GOTHIC 3: FORSAKEN BUGS :(

Has someone tried it out yet?

How buggy it feels like? Random CTDs? Memory leak still there?

And gameplay? Any improvement in melee combat? Enemy AI?

lol..i have a deja vu.
would like to learn more details.
ist the game rushed out by jowood or is the g3 engine so crappy to develop for or are the new devs as bad as pb? ;-)

PB certainly didn't force them to ship another product with this engine. ;)

After playing a couple of hours...it's fairly stable (no CTDs) - a few early impressions (this is downloaded English version+English patch):

1/ engine drawbacks of G3 still present, ie. it pauses when loading new areas, occasional stuttering etc. Might be me but graphics do look slightly better than G3.
2/ quests/story don't seem particularly great (haven't done a lot in this regard though)
3/ it's a lootfest - loads of random chests stacked full of expensive items
4/ voice acting isn't too bad, apart from the occasional jarring switch of voice actor from one sentence to the next

Hmm I still can't believe that Jowood would release a crapy Gothic 3 addon.. it just doesn't make sense... This will totaly ruin their reputation among the fans in Europe.. so I still hope that G3: FG is a decent title..and I will definately give it a try.

Running it on a pretty decent specc'ed laptop:

2.33 GHz dual core
2 Gb RAM
512 Mb Nvidia graphics card

First proper quest I tried to complete was a/ ridiculous (can nameless get rid of the birds off a man's roof?) and b/ broken (could not be completed). Things are not looking good.

Hmm I still can't believe that Jowood would release a crapy Gothic 3 addon.. it just doesn't make sense... This will totaly ruin their reputation among the fans in Europe.
You must be joking, right? No offense, but after their debacle with Gothic 3 (forced release, slow patching, break up with PB, etc.) I don't think Jowood has much of a reputation left to ruin among Gothic fans.

Sad, but true.

But even a reputation of -10 can go -15 with things gone wrong.

JoWooding a game

I dont want to be a flamer but I have to show you this post from JoWood forums:
Hello all!

Anyone having trouble picking up certain items? In the first town, I've found a Fire Chalice and Kadok's Hammer, among other things, that when I click on I bend down but the item remains there. Are these items meant to be in this game, or leftovers from sloppy developers porting from G3?

Thanks!
-Mark

And guess what?

That is a bug. The quest items from G3 are removed in the code but you can see them in the game and cannot pick up.
:thumbsdown::wall:

The only significant change I found is that there are cows in front of Vengard's temple,I haven't dared to touch them they may be using Marvin just like wildboars in G3 vanilla:biggrin:.I dont actually play I run on bugs all the time.
I cant believe 45 people were working 12h a day for this @#!$@#

Another JoWooded game...
:furious:

I dont want to be a flamer but I have to show you this post from JoWood forums:

And guess what?

:thumbsdown::wall:

The only significant change I found is that there are cows in front of Vengard's temple,I haven't dared to touch them they may be using Marvin just like wildboars in G3 vanilla:biggrin:.I dont actually play I run on bugs all the time.
I cant believe 45 people were working 12h a day for this @#!$@#

Another JoWooded game...
:furious:

Cheap Indian developers what do you expect lol.

I wish they'd retained PB's services for the add on. A rushed PB game > a rushed Trine game.

I just hope that Spellbound can make a decent go of Arcania and then I can conveniently forget this "expansion" every existed. The plot is just filler material between G3 and Arcania anyway.

Lol. Mixed bag of emotions really. On the other hand I want to rip my head off as only jowood can mess up this badly. Still in a sick way its just fucking amusing. If this is jowood's version of a good fresh start to the series, then I can only shake my head of disbelief. do they really want to see g4 fail?

Lol. Mixed bag of emotions really. On the other hand I want to rip my head off as only jowood can mess up this badly. Still in a sick way its just fucking amusing. If this is jowood's version of a good fresh start to the series, then I can only shake my head of disbelief. do they really want to see g4 fail?

No, but would you like Gothic 4 (Arcania) to be what Fallout 3 was to Fallouts?F3 may be a good game but it has absolutely nothing to do with F1&2 ,I'm afraid thats what Arcania would be to Gothic.

Back
Top Bottom