Baldur's Gate Reloaded RELEASED!!

An interview has been posted with Drew Rechner, the main person behind Reloaded. It covers a lot of the thought that went into creating the overhaul.

http://www.gamefront.com/baldurs-gate-reloaded-mod-diy-and-the-power-of-science/

What does Rechner expect to get out of this? From what he says, Rechner had a couple of motivations for creating the mod in the first place. ”First, I absolutely loved both Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II and personally really wanted to see the games in 3D,” says Rechner. “I think this was partly influenced by playing both Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Neverwinter Nights 1 and seeing how great an RPG could be in 3D. I also really wanted to learn how to make games and the NWN Toolset was fairly accessible, even more so with the incredibly helpful community that surrounded it.

“Later in development, I had a drive to finish what I started. I can remember reading a blog written by Cliff Bleszinski that said one of the most impressive things to a game developer is seeing that someone can finish a project they started, especially since the beginning is always fun and easy, but finishing it can be frustrating and hard. I’m probably horribly misquoting him here, but his overall message definitely stuck with me. I also absolutely love making games and the entire process was extremely gratifying, though difficult at times. It was during these difficult times that the community provided a lot of encouragement which really kept the project moving forward. The goal then became to give something back to the community for all their support.”

Back
Top Bottom