Last game(s) you bought

Last week, I got Black Desert Online. I love it.

Today, I just preordered Hearts of Iron 4. I am so excited. :excited:

Picked up Exanima on Gog. Still haven't really played it, but few minutes in practice mode was enough to get my ass kicked. Repeatedly.
Love the art and "mood" of the game though.

The Technomancer (pre-order) while I did nor enjoy Bound By Flame I certainly did enjoy Mars etc. I like Spiders style so I am looking forward to this!

Super Mario Kart (SNES) (A long sought after nostalgic reunion; price was just right)
Pitfall II (Cartridge for C64) ( A very pleasant acquisition indeed.)
Witcher III (Last weekend; still a hefty backlog before I finally get to testing it though...)

I bought Romancing Saga 2, the Japanese SNES games just ported to phones, having been curious about it since the nineties.

Turns out it's very, very dull, and I'm reminded that decades ago when I played another game in the series on an emulator, I just kept the game running on turbo speed and held down the "A" button to get through combat.

There's no way to do that on a phone, so this time I get to savor each and every menu. There are a lot of menus. So many menus!

Not my best purchase.

I bought Romancing Saga 2, the Japanese SNES games just ported to phones, having been curious about it since the nineties.

Turns out it's very, very dull, and I'm reminded that decades ago when I played another game in the series on an emulator, I just kept the game running on turbo speed and held down the "A" button to get through combat.

There's no way to do that on a phone, so this time I get to savor each and every menu. There are a lot of menus. So many menus!

Not my best purchase.

Believe it or not but Romancing Saga 3 is a great game... I never played 2 though.

Romancing Saga 2 is available for android.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ix.android_googleplay.romancingsaga2_ww&hl=en

You don't have to buy a phone if you have PC, all you need is to install android emulator and buy the game from within it as google store works inside.
That'll save you at least $50 on not buying inferior hardware which you can use to buy a nice and shiny SSD.

In any case I do tend to believe it's dull. You can't expect travelling to the moon on a bicycle.

To remain ontopic, last game I bought is FF9. Short story, FF13 was a disaster and I said never to buy another FF game. But because of praise on FF10/FF10-2 HD release I bought them and while not great, at least won't annoy the player who hates grinding - I've finished them both. Then someone mentioned FF9 on PC as even better although not HD (which is not something I care) so I had to bite.

Last game bought: Fallout 4...because it looks like an awesome "play dress up" game and GMG has is on "sale".

It might also feel just right for a shooter after so much fantasy gaming since the winter holidays...but I have to go through Blood&Wine first.

Enjoy Vivi's story, joxer! ;)
I'm about 20 hours in the game already and so far I like the game.
Is it just me or trashmobs don't appear so frequently as in FF10, 10-2 and 13? Seems to me that between two locations/entrances I stumble upon just one trashmob, rarely two. I didn't have an urge to press F4 yet (disable trashmobs option, I used it a lot in FF10-2).
Music is C64 VIC style, but the game was probably ported from there so it's okay.
Graphics is like games on my iPhone, but I've expected that and to be honest I adore character jumping like crazy when excited. ;)
The story is okay so far and doesn't feel deliberately dumbed down so 5year old kids can understand it.
Last game bought: Fallout 4…because it looks like an awesome "play dress up" game and GMG has is on "sale".
IMO GTA5 is more of dressup game than FO4 but if I wrote this on some GTA fans site, they'd probably try to shut me up by any means necessary. ;)

IMO GTA5 is more of dressup game than FO4 but if I wrote this on some GTA fans site, they'd probably try to shut me up by any means necessary. ;)

I can imagine that easily. Buying clothes and dressing up for the occasion is half my playtime in Saint-Rows The Third…the other half is driving cars at full speed and getting chased by cops.

I'm playing Final Fantasy Nine also, maybe fours hours in so far, just got to some town named Dali I think was the name. I went from Final Fantasy six to nine, skipping over seven and eight because I played seven before and didn't really feel like playing it again, and I'd heard bad things about eight so went to nine. I'm liking this one a lot so far, some of the early fights have been really touch and go.

Romancing Saga 2 is available for android.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ix.android_googleplay.romancingsaga2_ww&hl=en

You don't have to buy a phone if you have PC, all you need is to install android emulator and buy the game from within it as google store works inside.
That'll save you at least $50 on not buying inferior hardware which you can use to buy a nice and shiny SSD.

In any case I do tend to believe it's dull. You can't expect travelling to the moon on a bicycle.

To remain ontopic, last game I bought is FF9. Short story, FF13 was a disaster and I said never to buy another FF game. But because of praise on FF10/FF10-2 HD release I bought them and while not great, at least won't annoy the player who hates grinding - I've finished them both. Then someone mentioned FF9 on PC as even better although not HD (which is not something I care) so I had to bite.

FFVII is even better than FF9 and FFVI is on par with FFVII if not better :D hahaha, if you bite again and again, you'll soon have played almost all of them :D

I'm playing Final Fantasy Nine also, maybe fours hours in so far, just got to some town named Dali I think was the name. I went from Final Fantasy six to nine, skipping over seven and eight because I played seven before and didn't really feel like playing it again, and I'd heard bad things about eight so went to nine. I'm liking this one a lot so far, some of the early fights have been really touch and go.
I have a few huge hints for you and I wish I knew it before, but okay, I'm still earlygame so hopefully I didn't screw up something.
- Do not start killing bosses till you steal everything they have (if you see a message "can't steal" try again, if you see "no items to steal" start killing the boss). This means don't spare potions! They're cheap and you can buy them pretty much everywhere. You don't have to waste time on robbing ordinary trashmobs, at least not these early, you usually get some pot or ore from those, meh. I wish I started robbing bosses before I found out they have nifty stuff to grab that don't drop as loot. :(
- Do not sell any equipment! You found a better hat and have 4-5 "lousy" ones in inventory? Do not toss those "bad" ones away, you'll thank me later when you find out why exactly. ;)
- You'll soon find a place with chocobo (not village but a forest!). Play the minigame there at least 30 times (in fact till you get a message that there are no more certain things to get from digging). Believe me, it's worth the time.

FFVII is even better than FF9 and FFVI is on par with FFVII if not better :D hahaha, if you bite again and again, you'll soon have played almost all of them :D
Not a chance.
Unless they use Esc and not Backspace to exit menus. And they don't use Esc to move through menus, I'm 100% sure.
FF9 is the last game I bought and play that forces that bloody Backspace on me. Next game I see that uses Backspace as part of deafult UI, I'll instantly refund. Even if it was designed by god.
Dunno why they didn't rename these crap ports into Final Backspace.

Hmmm I did get a few things from stealing but I didn't know about the message detailing when their steal inventory was empty, thanks! Now I'll just assign someone to do pots for the group till I steal everything in sight =). Think the best items I've stolen so far are a mythril knife and a hat of some sort.

I bought Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines on GoG Summer Sales (50% off).
I'm glad I didn't pay full price when it was released. :)

I bought Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines on GoG Summer Sales (50% off).
I'm glad I didn't pay full price when it was released. :)

I got the two Vampire the Masquerade games. I played both way back (a friend of mine shared them with me, huge The Masquerade P&P fan), but never bought them...

Now its done. :D

Pre-ordered Dishonored 2 because I got a 27% off voucher from GGM.m I Got Dishonored 1 GOTY/Definitive Edition version for free with it.

Back
Top Bottom