NWN2 Quest Spoilers. DONT even look. :)

Neverwinter Nights 2

Acleacius

SasqWatch
I didn't see a thread for this yet, so here we go. :)

In the Skein Chap 2, suffering from cameraittis so my tolerance is low and don't want to take a chance to screwing up to badly or try Save and Load 10 times to experiment. :(

Basically there seems to be 3 Imaskari devices which need to be turned on to drain water to progress in the level, if I understand correctly as I have 2 devices activated.
There seem to be only 2 levers to do this with a 3rd available but using this 3rd lever would cause another quest to fail.

So my question is since it's very frustrating trying to explore this area with the camera issues; "Is there a certain combination of turning on 2 of the devices which will allow a little water to recede, which could locate a 3rd non quest breaking lever to be found?"

I hope the question was clear, was trying to use as little spoiler as necessary.

Thanks. :)

I haven't been able to get this answered on 3 different boards, so I investigated, finding two different ways to solve this.
One by activating 3 Air Elementals which drains all water allowing you access to all the bodies but preventing access to the Earth Elemental.
Or opposite killing the Earth Elemental prevents you from draining the water, as the most you can do is 2 getting you some nice Influence, Essences and the loot in the water, but allowing the completion of the side quest killing the Earth Elemental.

What exactly is the objective? This is certainly not needed to progress - all you need to do in the old ruins is to go see the nagging hag, defeat her, and go up to the dreaming hags.

Saving the Sleeper. To do that, you have to enter her dream, and you only get that ability by talking to the nagging hag. If you got to her by busting up the earth elemental, the way back to the Sleeper will be blocked.

There's also some phat lewt on the bloated bodies that you'll only get by draining the place.

AFAICT you can't do both -- either you make Fentomy happy but miss the lewt and leave the Sleeper, or you save the Sleeper, get the lewt, and piss off Fentomy. I believe they call this "choice with consequences." ;)

Oh, and -- there's a rather nice (although not earth-shaking) quest reward for saving the Sleeper, if you go visit her in Mulsantir later.

Yes, this is what I experienced, I sort of imagine the way I decided to go using the Air Elementals as a more Good solution since it would save the ones stuck and the sleeper, from the cruelty of the Hags.
It seems that killing the Earth Elemental would cave in the area, killing even the innocents.

Yes, the loot was very good but I guess the 100k the dinji gives probably works out to be more, but you miss out on LOTS more Influence and XP, chances.

Yes, I like the choices and consequences but I got confused it seemed you couldn't complete the Main Quest if you killed the Earth Elemental as it blocked off passages completely, I never thought of looking at that locked Hags door, as when I tried to pick it, I was told it need a "Special Key".

I was going oh crap I will never find the key, hehe. :)
Well, DUH, thanks for lying to me Mr Game, there is no "Special Key". :p

Back
Top Bottom