Wasteland 2 - Patch 2 (58154) Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
InXile Entertainment released the second post-launch patch for Wasteland 2. Here are some the changes from the massive patch taken off the games forum.

Wasteland 2 Patch 2 (58154) Release Notes

Patch 2 is here! This update brings over 4300 words' worth of changes and improvements, but we expect most of you will want the most important bits, so here they are!

Highlights

- Large amount of memory optimizations, particularly with audio, to improve performance and stability on lower-spec systems and 32-bit operating systems.
- Fixed enemy “unlimited AP” movement bug that allowed them to sometimes move much farther than intended.
- Extensive improvements and fixes to California questlines, particularly in Hollywood and Griffith Park. May require you to load an older save file before Hollywood to fully benefit.
- Added a travel speed toggle to the world map, allowing you to zip and zoom around if you so please (doesn't affect encounters, only travel speed).
- Added a new UI when CNPCs are recruited. This lets you more easily compare their stats and choose to dismiss one when a new one offers to join.
- Custom portraits will now work correctly when Windows account username contains non-English characters.
- Added support for "Very Large" text.
- Added 50 messages to load screens containing gameplay hints and tips.
- Loading now continues when the game is tabbed out, and pauses after finishing.
- Further UI fixes and improvements, such as new and correctly used icons.
- Many localization updates and bug fixes across all languages.

For full release notes, please see: http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/post/99930440396/wasteland-2-patch-2-58154-release-notes
More information.

1 / month?

i see myself pushing this to spring

Has the combat been fixed, too? (-> enemies with too many action points)

Has the combat been fixed, too? (-> enemies with too many action points)

- Fixed enemy “unlimited AP” movement bug that allowed them to sometimes move much farther than intended.

Second item in the highlights list. ;)

Hopefully the number of bugs will trail off after a while so I can play it through…

I like Wasteland 2 but wanted to wait for them to patch California. Now I've installed Falout: New Vegas (again) so that'll keep me going until they get all the patches out. I couldn't get AWOP running in FNV but hopefully I got the Interiors/Exterior mod going. I should just send Drithius an external HDD and ask him to copy his FNV directory :)

crpgnut contaminated by radioactive fall-out:

UAswE1a.jpg

lol @HiddenX.

W2 is hella fun but is a little buggy. A few more patches and the game should be even better to play. FNV and Xulima will keep me entertained until then and InXile has my moolah so they can afford to pay the patchers :)

Great picture, HiddenX

I'm backing Bedlam now. The design looks fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom