Skyrim First 30 mins of Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Thanks. I hope this now puts to rest the whole 6 GB BS. It looks beautiful and best of all, no fat faces and yes, they accomplished this all with only 6 GB.

This console version looks really good. I won't need a texture mod for a very long time.

I wonder how long it will take before I get bored with the combat. It's pretty much exactly the same as Oblivion as far as I can tell. Melee always hits and they threw in the critical kills which, to me, doesn't distract from the combat at all.

I'll stick with a mage character. That way I can at least keep it interesting. Hopefully, in any case.

One thing though, the bear…..I know this is a tutorial, but if you are going to have a big threat like a bear then give the damn thing some more HP. Bethesda should have made it a real threat that can kill you so that you'll follow the guys advice next time and sneak past it or sneak attack it with a bow.

Thanks. I hope this now puts to rest the whole 6 GB BS

Quite the opposite, it caused quite an upproar where i found it and on other places where i've seen comments of the videos. I agree with them that the textures are quite low-res. Personally i don't find it that distracting anways, most of the time i prefer Bethesda's textures because their artists makes a hell of a lot better job than any texture mod i've seen (at least my experience with Oblivion).

PC version should also look a bit better in higher resolution, and if we're really lucky some higher res textures ;)

The combat looks a little bit better than Oblivion, but not much (this has been said in interviews too).. Animations are still so-so. I don't care, it'll still be the best game until Risen 2.

I seriously don't get these graphic debates. It looked stunning to me. The main concern I had was with the NPCs. I was wondering if they'd have those fat faces again and they don't. They actually look good this time around.

Oh and did you see how many beards there were? My god, do you think they have enough? Some people might complain that they don't have enough beard choices ;)

Looking forward to see all those "Bethesda i want my money back!" threads because they somehow believed this would look like Crysis times 1000. In fact the whining seems to have started already, with sites doing these kinds of comparisons:

http://translate.google.com/transla...s-Life-und-The-Elder-Scrolls-5-Skyrim-851978/

wow.. a 360 port looks a bit worse (in some screens) than some PC-only mod (which is just created to show of graphics, nothing else). That is soooo surprising!!! :D

Thanks for that. My faith in humanity's intellect has dropped a few points. :p

Well, the video confirmed that the animations and combat is pretty similar to Oblivion (not much improvement). And the graphics look dated, but then again i just came from playing Battlefield 3 on ultra settings :p

One thing though, the bear…..I know this is a tutorial, but if you are going to have a big threat like a bear then give the damn thing some more HP. Bethesda should have made it a real threat that can kill you so that you'll follow the guys advice next time and sneak past it or sneak attack it with a bow.

I hope he was playing on Easy, Very Easy or Normal difficulty setting.

Hopefully, Very Hard means frequent dying and reloading.

I gave them a pass with the easy part since it was a tutorial. It was just the bear that bugged me.

You can ignore the advice/warning and still kill the bear in a few swings. Let the thing kick your butt then you'll learn to sneak past it next time or get in a good sneak attack. Meh…teachers now-a-days don't let their students fail at anything :p

So much lore dump in 3 minutes!

Glad it was taken down, so I can't spoil it for myself.

But I'm curious to see how it looked.

It was just the beginning and I believe almost to the end of the tutorial.

It looked good to me even low quality video and on a console. I really won't need a texture pack for awhile at least.

Also learned that I can't wait for the mod to bring back Morrowind style combat.

The finishing moves are well done, imo. They're not as long as the kill shots in Fallout 3 or NV. No slow-mo either. Glad they got rid of that.

I can't say I really care too much about graphics, as long as they're not very jarring. Art style, on the other hand, is extremely important.

I really hope melee combat's better than Oblivion's. Clumsy, slow swing, either have click misread and do silly "power attack" that shoots you past your target or get blocked, do tiny amount of damage with a blow completely lacking in any sort of visceral feeling. Repeat.

In all the time I spent playing Oblivion, I was never able to stick with a melee character. They were just so boring!

From what I have seen from these videos, the art direction is poor and bland compared to, for example, Witcher 2 which had vibrant colour for the world, costumes, buildings .. etc. The melee combat does not look much different from Oblivion, but it is hard to verify until one plays the game and see the responsivness of the controls

Back
Top Bottom