Risen 2 Risen 2 (not performance!) bugs

Indeed. I solved it by using voodoo to mind control various people to attack each other in the village. Turned into quite a mayhem, but in the end Garcia was dead and nobody blamed me for it.

I had to do that too, it was hilarious - somehow it ended up with the villagers throwing spears at each other, even though I'd only used the sceptre on the pirates.

Another bug, quite an annoying one since many players will want to learn the most powerful skills just before the endgame. The trainer who teaches all the high level blades skills becomes unavailable once you know the location of the final area.

You don't get any dialogue options with Alvarez from that point on. After getting the last artefact, make sure that you don't ask Steelbeard about the Water Temple until you've got all the skills you want from Alvarez.

Thankfully, this was one occassion where the ridiculous number of autosaves came in handy, I only lost about 50 minutes of progress.

Yes, I experienced that as well (sword master bug). However, I didn't really need it at that point, so I just smashed through the final fights of the game without the skill. It was a bit annoying though, no doubt about that.

Reported by JDR: if you use voodoo doll to enter the council and later reenter it posing as messenger, you don't get the sex option from librarian for whatever reason:
I figured it out..

Not sure if it qualifies as a bug, but I can confirm that you have to enter the high council building as a fake messenger to have that dialogue option. If you choose to just use voodoo and not help Azuro, you will not have that option with Cassandra.
Thanks JDR!

After a few days I'll edit the first post with all things reported here and also repost it on official Risen2 forum hoping Deep Silver support will notice it.

Last edited:
Just remembered a minor one - I got Slayne´s artifact twice, one from cutscene, one from looting.

I'll just confirm that - the same thing happened to me but forgot to post it. :(

However I found another one in my second run but forgot to post it yesterday so I'm doing it now - while playing the first time (voodoo path) Crow disappeared after I killed him. I didn't know he is supposed to be on the ground and "lootable".
In my second run, he didn't disappear and I've looted the item from him needed to open the Temple. Not much of a bug since items you can loot in the Temple are not very valuable and you don't get glory or something for clearing the area, but still… Would be nice to have some more cash that early in the game, right?

However I found another one in my second run but forgot to post it yesterday so I'm doing it now - while playing the first time (voodoo path) Crow disappeared after I killed him.
And I´ll confirm that in return :).
In my game he hasn´t disappeared - I could see most of him under the boss monster, but couldn´t loot him, probably due to a collision box.
At the time I thought it was supposed to be like that for dramatic reasons or whatever, after finishing Sword Coast I suspected I was supposed to get the "key" to the temple from him, but then again, there was also a possibility that looting the temple was exclusive to the inquisition path, so I just moved on.

Same, luckily I gained the regeneration skill not long after getting 150 blood, so it regenerates back to 150 fast.

Mildly funny issue (not really a bug): There's not a single chicken in the whole game, yet there's plenty of chicken meat, often looted from.. turkeys. Why not turkey meat? Some odd translation from German? Or maybe they intended to have a chicken or two as well?

Not a major bug but more of a design omission. Some players cleaned all areas (including respawns) BEFORE getting the skinning knife and now can't solve Sebastiano's daughter quest - as no merchant sells jaguar skin (the same thing could happen with the feather from firebirds especially when you don't side with natives and must get the ritual knife from Garcia's room in Caldera, but you CAN buy feathers). I'm aware that not getting at least one skinning knife before killing all respawns seems impossible (you can get two such knives from Sebastiano's daughter with cunning skills high enough), but the issue was reported twice on gamespot forum so I can only assume those players invested glory into everything else except cunning (such a great site to exchange RPG experience, hehe).

The only solution to this problem so far is to use the console to get the skin needed or spawn a jaguar and then kill it.

And I won't add this into the buglist as... Cmon really, the player doesn't invest in cunning skills but into everything else then kills all respawns but leaves chests unopened and after killing everything now wants to solve all remaining quests?

A side note - I can't confirm 100% that you can't buy the skin anywhere as I haven't checked every single trader. But since I'm replaying the game I'm keeping an eye on this.

Last edited:
Sure? In that case scratch this completely!
And feel free to call me an idiot... Browsing gamespot forums... Can't believe I actually did that.

LOL

Okay, another one I was unable to reproduce.
I'm replaying the game but sided with Inqusition this time and the first thing I'm doing after stealing the ship is of course The Teasure Island because of the legendary item bonus. Venturo is OP but I don't care for that now as I need that firepower against the group of three gorillas (no sceptre of power this time). Where's the bug?
I went to M. Bay to get Harlok, and prior to Harlok's location there is a spot with two panthers. Those two panthers... KILLED Venturo. Yes, he's dead. No, I can't loot his (the best damage in the game) musket. Oh and.. He's beheaded!
You survive and your sidekick dies - that shouldn't be possible in this game. A beast practically chopped your party member's head off.

I've reloaded and replayed the fight a few times to pinpoint the reason of this, but whatever I've tried, I just couldn't make Venturo dead again.

He might not be dead actually. I experienced the same - it happens when a panther or jaguar jumps the companion with their knockdown attack. Sometimes the companion never manages to get back up again. However, if you quick travel, the "corpse" will still follow you around (lying on the ground, seemingly dead). I seem to recall changing zones with the ship fixed it.

He didn't have the health bar nor his head, that's hardly "seeming dead", hehe
Okay, if it's fixed by quicktravel to the ship (didn't try that) I'll ignore the whole thing.

It might not be the same issue though. It could simply be similar.

Whatever it was, seems that it's addressed in the patch, mobs can't kill Venturo anymore :(

Most if not all numbered here got patched. Even more stuff got "improved" (added dodge, Mara should be now harder to kill), so I'm not sure if this thread is needed any more.
In any case, thanks everyone for sharing info here.

Arrrrgh, no, they didn't fix everything. You can still abuse Barney (win the 50$ game, then lose 10$ game then you can again try 50$ one and then by repeating this after a few hours you'll definetly nail the impossible otherwise Steam cash achievement).
At least the fix doesn't work with the older save… Maybe it fixes only a new game?
Meh… Guys please do keep an eye on other things that "should" be fixed.

You could fill a couple of threads alone if you were to list all the AI issues in the game (including companion AI and pathfinding etc.). They are far from done patching the game.

Back
Top Bottom