Strange Kicktraq Oddity

Roq

Seeker
Original Sin Donor
Strangely the Kickstarter project: "9 year old building a CRPG..." has leapt up to number 2 in the Kicktraq ratings to day, despite making a net *loss* of about $40 over the past two days. Not sure how they calculate these rankings, but this does seem odd.

Heh, I've been keeping an eye on that one (along with a fair chunk of the internet I think). The project is colossally divisive, and is either a supreme blow for gender equality, or a scam run by a ruthless grasping mother using her kids as pawns. The comments page on KS is a running battle between both camps.

On topic - maybe it's based on page hits or something?

I heard that number of comments and page hits indeed play a role.

Heh, I've been keeping an eye on that one (along with a fair chunk of the internet I think). The project is colossally divisive, and is either a supreme blow for gender equality, or a scam run by a ruthless grasping mother using her kids as pawns. The comments page on KS is a running battle between both camps.

Yeah, not sure what to think. One might imagine that it was originally intended as a relatively harmless, but ill conceived, educational project. But the 10K tiers and reports of twitter spamming did make me sit up a bit.

On topic - maybe it's based on page hits or something?

It must be something like that, the controversy would then explain why this project keeps getting to the top of the Kicktraq rankings, since it's generating so much heat.

It's colossally sad and utterly pathetic to see this project making $23K while serious game developers at Bloom limp along at $13.8K. Who are these people and how do I get them to buy a used bridge in Arizona?

Back
Top Bottom