Fable 2 - No PC Version?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This is one of those times where you really need to examine the fine print but on the surface, a Lionhead rep on the official forums says...
We're not working on a PC version of Fable II... If this changes we'll make sure you know about it on our website(s).
emotion-1.gif
More information.

I think this deserves a pantomime-esque "Booo"

Other pantomime shouts of "oh yes it is" and "[it's] behind you" might also be appropriate.

I really do not know the demographics, but most likely there are other people like me who are not going to buy a console, but might end up buying a PC version of Fable II if the port is made well enough.

It is their money to lose, though. Maybe they have enough already *shrugs*

That is too bad - I have heard decent things about the game and would have bought it without a doubt.

However, the timing *does* matter ... the Mac version of the first Fable just came out - for $50 all these years later? No thanks.

Pff...They just say that so those who own both console and PC and are waiting for PC version(and mods) go and buy the game already. And when the PC version comes with "Lost Chapters" they'll go and buy the game once more...

Hmmm I'm actually playing it now....its quite a good lite rpg...

After playing the first Fable, I vowed I would never play the sequel anyways...

Me too but I was weak and after reading reviews bought Fable II anyway. I can't say I regret it because it was fun for awhile but it still has a lot of areas in which implementation is not-my-cup-of-tea. It gets rid of the chicken chaser thing for those of us who didn't like that but a lot of the other implementations are what I would consider silly such as the expressions which replace conversations. I've seen a lot of praise about those expressions but I just don't get it and it takes me out of the immersion. Fortunately, it's mostly optional.

What is left of the game when I remove the stuff I don't like is not much and not that good. I played it awhile but didn't finish it.

I'd buy it, no doubt. I enjoyed the first one for what it was - a light RPG with some fun elements.

Never had the occasion to play it, but wanted to play the sequel badly.

Bha, just have to wait, I'm still sure it'll come out one day

It is their loss then. I'm not buying any consoles in the near future so that means no fable 2 for me. Lets hope they change their mind at some point.

hmm

Our office is just next door to Lionhead Studios. Should ambush one of the developers after work today to find out more?

So, they (Lionhead) said they are not working on the PC version. Someone probably is.

I'd put money on the PC version coming out in 6-8 months from now. And I'll probably buy it...and I probably won't finish it same as the first game.

Back
Top Bottom