MMORPG News - Embrace Gold Selling

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Says the founder of virtual worlds developer RedBedlam.
Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, Fraser-Robinson explained that gold farming would always exist so long as it offered the path of least resistance and that it has the potential to ruin games unless action was taken against it.
"It's going to happen whether you like it or not," he said. "People will always find the path of least resistance, if you stop them buying your gold then they'll buy that gold from somebody else who is gold farming."
"If you don't build that into your system then you're not going to be able to compete with the gold farmers and that will ruin your in-game economy, which will in turn ruin your game. At the very least having the recognition that virtual economics is a discipline and is a very important integral part to being a virtual world," he added.
More information.

What a lazy and convenient conclusion by Fraser-Robinson. "I've decided to stop fighting what we've all considered to be an obvious problem and am now committing myself to enjoying it instead. You're all invited to join me in seeing this as a great idea that's been misunderstood all along."

Good luck with that.

I'm waiting for thousands of spam bots sending a "Thank you!" to him.

He is right though. Virtual currency selling is here to stay. Fight and it and you will lose.

Deal with it and things might be less painful for those for and against it.

Virtual currency selling is here to stay. Fight and it and you will lose.

No.

The option is to completely leave it out.

But no-one would dare to make such a "stupid" move.

Back
Top Bottom