Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut - Release Details

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Square Enix has posted news about the Director's Cut version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and finally answered if previous owners will get a discount.
So, you know that awesome game that we released last year, set in a dark cyber-future and featuring a certain augmented Adam Jensen? Well, we’re giving Deus Ex: Human Revolution a bit of an augmentation of its own, in the form of a Director’s Cut version – and we wanted to share some news about the PC release, because there are some cool upgrade options if you bought the original on PC.

Here’s the basic idea – you can buy the game outright, or you can… augment… whichever version you already have. I’ll stop using the a-word now. Sorry.

The Director’s Cut is pretty much the complete package, then. It contains the full Human Revolution game, plus all DLC packs (the Missing Link, the Explosive Mission Pack, and the Tactical Enhancement Pack) – along with some improvements to the boss fights… which you’ll probably find really useful.

Not only that, but there’s a New Game + feature, so you can replay through the action with all your previously-earned upgrades intact (which, trust me, is a LOT of fun), there are developer commentaries (English-only) plus the original Making-of video.

So – to the upgrades. Here are the deals:

• New purchase : £12.99/€19.99/$19.99
  • Own the basic game (with no DLC): £6.99/€7.99/$9.99
  • Own the game and Missing Link DLC: £3.49/€3.99/$4.99
Pretty straightforward, and that means that if you did invest in Human Revolution in the past, we’re not trying to stitch you up with the Director’s Cut, m’kay?

These upgrades apply to the Steam version only, and the game will be available to download on October 22 in North America and the October 25 in PAL territories.
More information.

I wonder if savegames will work once the director's cut is installed? I started a second playthrough a few days ago.

I'll pay 9.99 for an upgrade, not a problem.

Wonder how *different* the boss fights are though. They were terribly unbalanced and unoriginal though.

I hope they include the option to disable the weapons pack dlc if you don't want to play with it. I'd prefer to not have the additional weapons and the extra 10,000 credits at the start of the game.

Just toss those items away. Cash... Dunno, buy something then trash it.

"(which, trust me, is a LOT of fun)"

Why would that be fun? The game isn't all that hard already, wouldn't this make it trivial?

All games should do it like that, instead of trying sell you the game a second time.

But I don't understand much the Game+ Some players whined that at end of game you already had all the useful skills, a Game+ need be setup on a much larger pool of skill to allow a second play with same character.

Very reasonably priced - I have the full package so £3.49 to upgrade is a no-brainer for me.

Just toss those items away. Cash… Dunno, buy something then trash it.

Yeah but well my education hadn't learned me to trash money. I agree an option wouldn't hurt for a final release but I agree it's a detail. Or at least it should be like DA2, it's in some chest and you pick it or not. For me the problem was more that I didn't knew if I wanted keep or not the items and they was an encumbrance in inventory.

Sounds like fair pricing to me. I can't wait to play it. :)

As for dlc guns..I think it was lazy design just to spawn them in player's inventory. Why not place sniper rifle and shotgun in Adam's apartment in the safe behind big screen tv or In Adam's office closet for example. Much more belivable

Weapons spawning into inventory was actually quite an annoyance since i had almost full inventory right from the start. And it would make very little sense just drop my silenced sniper rifle or shotgun behind the alley to make more room..

This would be great if I hadn't already played it.

For me this game holds very little replay value, especially with the way the ending was.

"(which, trust me, is a LOT of fun)"

Why would that be fun? The game isn't all that hard already, wouldn't this make it trivial?

He said fun, not hard. And I think it actually might be fun to replay with your OP character, just to try different choices etc. Challenge isn't the only thing making games fun you know, even though I do agree it's important.

Back
Top Bottom