Gothic 3 - Reviews @ Gameplay Monthly & WorthPlaying

Kalia

Watchdog
Two reviews of Gothic 3 turned up over night. The first comes from Gameplay Monthly that scored the game "B-":
Definitely worth buying if you like RPGs. Will be much different than anything you've tried before if you're new to the Gothic series but it is definitely worth it. The problems with loads and lag probably won't be fixed--it seems like these are issues the games always have, you'll just have to live with it unfortunately. This is a great game that deserves your attention if you want some adventure in a grim and dark fantasy land.
The second review is from Worthplaying that was much harder on Gothic 3, scoring it at 4.5/10.00:
After all is said and done, I’m left with the impression that Gothic 3 could have been an amazing game if at least another full year had been put into it’s development. However, even that estimate is cutting it close. I am at a complete loss as to how this game was given the green light to press and ship; it’s a beta build at best. That said, virtually every flaw is patchable; the most severe problems aren’t buried in the core of the play mechanics and thus can be fixed without having to start from scratch. If the developers give us some heavy handed code-bandages, I predict that one day this will be at the very least an enjoyable RPG, if not the epic and sprawling adventure it was supposed to be. As a viable alternative to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Gothic 3 fails utterly. As a solid follow-up to Gothic 2, it only fails insofar as the glitches are concerned. For now, I say avoid playing this until Piranha Bytes have had a chance to fix it. You’ll save more than just your hard-earned pennies; you’ll also save yourself a considerable amount of stress.
More information.

Worthplaying aint worthreading. Here's two quote:

It doesn’t help that Piranha Bytes haven’t scaled the monsters according to area. There are two dragons not even a mile from the village you start the game in. Perhaps you are meant to feel safe merely because they can’t actually get out of the cave they’re in?

While the developers were busy stacking the deck with imbalanced enemies, they forgot to make sure the pathing scripts were bullet-proof, and as a result virtually every monster in the game can be killed by exploiting a shocking number of glitches that render each creature moot. Using our above examples again, I managed to kill five ogres just by standing behind a rock they couldn’t walk around. 100 or so arrows later, they were dead

I could easily refute this lame logic but, it's time for me to get back to playing some Gothic 3.

In USA numerous reviewers live in the absolute and acritical mith of Oblivion. Its just like if one lives in the myth of Viper and ignores Ferrari or Porsche or likes baseball ignoring soccer. Its ok but it is very Usa specific and the rest of the world can think different.

how did i say anything bad about gothic 3?? you need to work on your reading comprehension skills kiddo

how did i say anything bad about gothic 3?? you need to work on your reading comprehension skills kiddo

Calm down. Your post did not contain any argument but a single 'flame' sentence. If you have guts for another fan versus antifan (so many times repeated) discussion, start it. If you have not, don't post flames.

As Dani has said, we're trying to be very tolerant here, but outright flaming will not be long ignored!!

calm down? what gave you the impression i am upset, other than your desire for some kind of "fan versus antifan (so many times repeated) discussion" ...

maybe you are the one who should calm down, maybe grow a sense of humor, learn how to take a joke once and a while

so very touchy!!

Back
Top Bottom