Bioshock - To Debut in June @ 1Up

Kalia

Watchdog
1Up received confirmation from 2K Games that Bioshock will make its appearance in June 2007.
2K http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156204#Games confirmed to 1UP that the long-awaited, much-anticipated Irrational Games first person shooter Bioshockhttp://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156204 will release for the Xbox 360 and PC in June of this year. A two-week-old post at the Bioshock Through the Looking Glass Forumshttp://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1537090#post1537090 from a user named "2K Kimberly" who sports a "2K Games" tag below her name first mentioned the June release.
I'll let you in on the official word on the release date: June 2007. Heard it here first. ;-)
Summer lovin' had me a blast.
Summer lovin' happened so fast...
More information.

Summer days driftin' away, to uh-oh those summer nights...

System Shock 2 is the scariest game I ever played.

Every shooter from Quake to Half Life 2 has you come upon dead bodies.

But, in System Shock 2, you came upon dead bodies then suddenly ghosts appear and reenact the final moments of the dead persons life.

Pure Genius.

It is going to be a scary summer.

You guys know that this date is 5-6 months away, right?

It was promised in spring initially, IIRC, and now it's delayed.

Which means we should be BITCHING!!!

BITCHING!!!

We're gamers dammit!

;)

Sweetness. My most anticipated game for this year.

Funny thing is, the very same 1up site has 12th January 2007 as the release date... *coughs*

Which means we should be BITCHING!!!

BITCHING!!!

We're gamers dammit!

But we're PC gamers, so we meander around accepting our lot in life and talking about the situation like Eeyore ... until we find out in May that the XBOX360 version will release in June but the PC version is delayed until September ...

... and when we *do* complain then, we'll be reminded we should be happy just to *get* a PC version ...

Cautiously looking forward to it. I say cautiously because last year's E3 video didn't impress me very much, outside of graphics and art design (which are important to me but not the whole game).

spring doesn't end until mid-late june just so you know...

Anyway, it's an FPS, not an RPG, so who really cares!!!! :)

what was system shock 1 Corwin?!?!?!?!?

and speaking of shooting things can you confirm if resident evil 4 for the pc is available in australia? it comes out in the rest of the world in march or april.

SS1 had some cool gadgetry for sure, but it was mostly an early FPS with strong story elements. SS2 had more RPG features, and I'm hoping BioShock will carry that further.

However, given recent coverage, I'm not expecting that to happen. I think they're going for the FPS crowd to increase sales, and it most likely won't be an entirely worthy spiritual sequel.

I would buy it only for it's art deco style. :biggrin:

I'm looking for something other than elves, orcs and goblins. No sword, no real time with pause, no medieval language, I simply want to hurt some innocent virtual zombies and mutants. And blowing something up. With C4. Bioshock seems to be the game I'm looking for. I would also buy Alan Wake, but I don't have Vista and I'm not going to have Vista for a long time.

SS1 had some cool gadgetry for sure, but it was mostly an early FPS with strong story elements. SS2 had more RPG features, and I'm hoping BioShock will carry that further.

However, given recent coverage, I'm not expecting that to happen. I think they're going for the FPS crowd to increase sales, and it most likely won't be an entirely worthy spiritual sequel.

This is one of those cases where it is hard *not* to get your expectations set unrealistically high ... and part of me cynically expects it to be released and be all bright and shiny and have cool stuff that will have PC Gamer emblazoned with a 95% 'GOTY' label with their 'exclusive' review - only to realize after playing that it is all flash ...

... and I'm using that cynicism to temper my expectations ... I'm just hoping for a decent shooter, perhaps with some RPG-lite elements and a tight and linear and heavily scripted story that pulls me by the nose from gorgeous set-piece to gorgeous set-piece ...

Back
Top Bottom