Euro 2012

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Hey, anyone here watching the matches ?

I saw Netherlands vs Denmark yesterday and I couldn't believe the Dane scoring so easily. The Dutch seemed to have many opportunities and squandered them all. It's good I'm not a person who bets on sports, because I would have bet on a 2-0 in Netherlands' favour...

England vs France is starting now. I think France will win.

Ah, nice, thank you for the reminder ! :)

I have watched every match so far. one thing that has been good is that with the exception of the first Poland game, the officials have done a good job of not making the story about them. Looking forward to Germany-Netherlands today. Very tough group B. Group A will come down to the final matches on Saturday. Croatia wins group C if they beat Italy tomorrow. Sweden-England a very important match for both in group D. A loss would be disastrous for either of them. Been very entertaining so far and will get even better.

Yeah, hope my team (Germany) wakes up for the Dutch. They kinda lucked out against Portugal, but that won't suffice against Holland (unless of course they are as unlucky as against Denmark again...).

I'm interested in watching this as well.
I wonder how both teams will work.

That was really tough on the danes..... to come back to 2-2 was quite an achievement...... and still lose.

Looks like an easy win for Germany vs. Holland.

The dutch almost looked as if they would make a comeback there for a while, but in the end germany managed to regain their footing. They still need to increase their pace in the attack and precision in passing - I haven't seen the exiting soccer of the WM 2010 yet.

Germany and Spain are the big names for the Euro this year. Holland, a lot of talent there, but i'm close to give them the name "losers".

Italy, always there, no matter how bad they look.

Group A's final games should be very interesting. Poland HAS to win to advance, A loss or draw eliminates them. If I understand the tie-breakers correctly, a Greek win over the Russians would mean Greece would advance depending on the Poland-Czech outcome correct?

If I understand the tie-breakers correctly, a Greek win over the Russians would mean Greece would advance depending on the Poland-Czech outcome correct?

Correct. Poland vs. Czech would have to end in a tie for Greece to have any chance to advance. The Greek can even still win the group if they beat Russia at least 5:0 :) .

England eliminated Sweden in a very entertaining match. Supersub Theo Walcott was amazing. Scoring the tying goal and assisting on the game winner. Todays group A matches will decide who advances. Unfortunately they are both on at the same time. Will have to watch one and Tivo the other. Only problem is they will be constantly updating the score. I think I will watch Poland-Czech game. I can't imagine Greece giving Russia any serious competition, but you never know.

Too bad I won't have much time to look at it today, except when I manage to get home early.
And tomorrow ... We've already planned our pen & paper group so that we finish before the match against Germany begins ... ;)

@ Morientor

Nope, if Greece wins today, goes to the next round no matter the outcome of the other match.

Basically tonight, the team that wins go to the next round.

WOW, Congratulations Greece, I was almost sure Poland would be out but I never though Greece would win!

@ Morientor

Nope, if Greece wins today, goes to the next round no matter the outcome of the other match.

Basically tonight, the team that wins go to the next round.

Ah I see it now. My bad. Sorry. I didn't know about the special championships rule where the goal difference is superseded by the outcome of the match between the two parties that share the same amount of points. Is that a special UEFA rule for the Euro championships?
Because usually (under FIFA rules?) the goal difference is what matters first and so I thought that Greece had to score a high win to advance.

Back
Top Bottom