Band Aid 30

Drithius

Magic & Loss
I'm trying to put away any youthful nostalgia, but this new single sounds so terrible in comparison to the original. Even Bono sounds far more dull/heavily mixed this go around.

This, of course, would be the original:

Well, there's a lot more bland hacks in music at the moment. I thought Guy Garvey from Elbow sounded great during his 4 seconds, though.

Still, I'll be buying it.

The new one also suffers without Phil Collins driving it on drums - he was actually an amazing drummer.

Roger Taylor (of Queen) is the drummer and tends to do a great job. I suspect it's Geldof directing things to be more bland and generic… seriously, take a look at Bono's two bits - he sounds like a timid 20 year old hipster.

I also dislike how they changed the lyrics from:
Thank God it's them instead of you
to
Tonight we're reaching out and touching you.

WTF

Roger Taylor (of Queen) is the drummer and tends to do a great job. I suspect it's Geldof directing things to be more bland and generic… seriously, take a look at Bono's two bits - he sounds like a timid 20 year old hipster.

I also dislike how they changed the lyrics from:
Thank God it's them instead of you
to
Tonight we're reaching out and touching you.

WTF

I wouldn't have guessed Taylor was in there - usually another great drummer!

The original "Thank God it's them instead of you" I thought was a clever line. The new one, "Tonight we're reaching out and touching you", I'm guessing is a reference to the fact that someone with ebola can't be touched, but it's not a complete thought in itself like the old one, and just comes across as generic cheese.

Back
Top Bottom