Dragon Age: Inquisition - News Roundup # 3

aries100

SasqWatch
I've found two moree previews for this game, courtesy of the DA: Inquisition thread at Obsidian. In the thread BruceVC points to preview at The Escapist.

Much like my experience in the first two games were encapsulated into single moments, Dragon Age: Inquisition changed all my expectations with a prompt. "You have discovered region 6 of 29." Dragon Age: Inquisition is massive and I'm suddenly eagerly awaiting its release. Earlier this week was my first time getting hands-on with Dragon Age: Inquisition, and the folks at EA and BioWare gave us an extended six hour session to really delve into the world.
The Escapist pens this conclusion based on the hands-on preview:

Honestly, having not paid a ton of attention to Dragon Age: Inquisition's development this preview has really sold me on the game. It's everything I'm looking for in an RPG, an interesting story and characters, a large world to explore filled with little details, and solid combat to back it up. If the game manages to keep up the same quality as the initial few hours then I think BioWare has a masterful RPG with Dragon Age: Inquisition.
In the thread Lobotomy42 points to a preview from US Gamer.

A quote about the combat:

At any time in battle, you can freeze the action and switch to an overhead view, which allows you to give specific commands to your party and watch them play out at whatever speed you'd like. The only problem, though, is your lack of options: You can only tell the characters not under your control to attack a specific enemy or defend, and… that's it.
A quote from US Gamer's conclusion:

To be completely honest, Dragon Age never really grabbed me in the past, but during my hands-on session, I found myself getting absolutely wrapped up in exploring-which isn't always easy to do in the highly controlled atmosphere of a press event.
Update: Bioware also released another trailer today for Dragon Age: Inquisition.
The Iron Bull is a powerful Qunari warrior, and leader of the Bull’s Chargers, a famous network of mercenaries. With his immense strength, and enthusiasm for crushing enemies, he provides necessary muscle to the Inquisition. The threat will unite them… you will lead them.
More information.

The one thing I'm seeing with this game that I don't really like is that the loading looks lengthy. I hope that's just the console version and that a decent PC with SSD will be quicker.

I think it's a great idea to include the Combat DLC in the original game. Being able to actually fight helps give the game a more completed feel at release. Really looking forward to the Companion DLC being released over the next year, hoping the game will be complete before 2016!

Only one more week left and I can't wait to play this game.:celebrate:

I better finish my bunker first to withstand the forecasted negativity storm.:)

Ahh we both know it's coming....joxer most likely already has posts written.

You won't be online to post news, so they won't be able to post any negativity...

Reviewers tweets are less or more saying that the 150-200 hours game length is not a lie.

Reviewers tweets are less or more saying that the 150-200 hours game length is not a lie.

That's not necessarily a good thing. It takes a very compelling game to keep someone immersed for that kind of time, and I don't have faith that Bioware can do that.

I felt DA:O dragged on at times, and that game is only around 80 hours with all DLC. I can't imagine DA:I being 150 hours without a huge amount of filler.

Rule one of the internet azarhal people always find a reason to complain. Just like all the Steam reviews were gamers play only fifteen minutes, and bash a game.:)

Ahh we both know it's coming….joxer most likely already has posts written.

What with me?
I still didn't buy Dragon Age 3.
Will I buy it… Dunno. I'm beefed up for Valkyria Chronicles on tuesday, can't care currently for DA3. Sorry 'bout that.

But if I do buy it, you'll be seeing me on EA answers HQ. Frequently.

Rule one of the internet azarhal people always find a reason to complain. Just like all the Steam reviews were gamers play only fifteen minutes, and bash a game.:)

I was more talking about the Watch. If people don't have news post about DA, they won't talk about the game and all the people who will be player will be too busy playing.

Don't worry about that azarhal, people will talk.
We talked about every game when it got released without having news entries, DA3 won't be an exception.

Um... No... Sorry. I'm wrong. One game was not talked about much. Eschalon3.
But because we practically had nothing much to say about it...

I'm guessing most of those 200 hours will be optional side stuff with lots of filler combat. I'll be surprised if the main quest is as meaty as the one in DA:O. That game had a LOT of years in development - and they spent ages developing the lore.

I really doubt we'll be seeing that level of care for the main storyline in this game.

As long as optional side stuff is well done, I have no problem with it filling up the 200 hours. As for the filler combat... well, I hope it'll be some fun and not get tedious. Looking at the videos and information so far my hopes aren't very high...

Well, it won't be easy - but I'll play this one with as open a mind as I can muster. There's no law against developers changing attitude or development approach.

So, I'll give it a fair chance.

It's the writing I'm worried about, and it won't take much Bioware teenage drama to disturb my fresh look at their work.

Yeah, I really hope the so far impressions concerning writing only are some PR strategy I don't understand…

Hmm, it almost sounds as if it's as big as Skyrim. That would surprise me, but time will tell.

IIRC, they specifically talked about being inspired by Skyrim when making this.

Most likely due to the amount of copies shipped and EA having wide eyes ;)

Back
Top Bottom