Dragon - A Dragon ARPG on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Dragon is an ARPG game I found on Steam Greenlight that may interest a few of you, and is being developed by a studio called Red Level Games.

As usual here is a video, and a short description of the game.

Dragons are the greatest fantasy creature of all time.

It is time for a video game that gives dragons their proper role as the monstrous, complex, and epic protagonists that they are.

In an open world, action RPG you will bring your dragon's story to life. Choose who to help and who to eat. Choose which cities will benefit and thrive under your protection, and which will burn...

You will customize your dragon, choosing its color, designing its face, look, and abilities.

As you eat and grow your dragon will develop; allowing you to improve and customize its wings, tail, claws, and breath weapon to your preferred playing style.

Growing more powerful through the years you will horde gold, claim a lair and expand your territory. Inevitably challenging other dragons, giants, liches, and other beasts for dominance over the world and claim over the lesser kingdoms of mortals.

In Dragon the world is yours...
More information.

Looks promising. For some reason, the first thing I'm reminded of is that PC (and later PS2) game Drakkan. Playing as (instead of riding, fighting, summoning, etc.) dragons is something that should be explored more.

Looks promising. For some reason, the first thing I'm reminded of is that PC (and later PS2) game Drakkan. Playing as (instead of riding, fighting, summoning, etc.) dragons is something that should be explored more.

I was about to post that it reminded me of Drakkan as well.

I think such a concept would remain limiting to some extent though, due to the more limited actions dragons can do and their sheer size. There is a reason why it has been more of a minigame or a small part of the game where you can control a dragon so far, like Drakkan, Dragon Commander, and Divinity II.

The Panzer Dragoon games were only about dragon rides, but they had more in common with shmups than other types of games, except Panzer Dragoon Saga, which was an RPG on Sega Saturn, and a quite highly regarded one as well. One of the rarest and most valuable games of all time today.

Back
Top Bottom