Pricewatch!

I'm the same as Gorath. I played Gothic 3 for at least 100 hours on a single playthrough (didn't finish the game) and a few tens of hours with other playthroughs.

The game is a lot of fun, but it's massive and I don't have time anymore to play these super long games.

Ignore the add-on. Buy G3 and install the latest Community Patch, if it's not already included. The CP makes a decent game out of the mess.
The game itself is hit or miss. It's closer to Oblivion than to G2. The world design is outstanding, still one of the best. Combat has been repaired with the CP, as far as possible. The interaction density is lower than in G2, but the world is BIIIG.

Pretty much this. Get it, it's a good game: huge world, outstanding atmosphere and it aged very well graphically IMHO. Beats any of the (recent) Elder Scrolls games hands down.

For our German members:

EA filed a request according to §23 Abs. 4 JuschG at the BPjM. The request was granted.
As a result Crusader: No Remorse has been removed from the Liste A of The Index. EA is now allowed to market and distribute the game without legal restrictions.
Now Crusader is available for free on the German Origin too, uncut, in English and wrappted into a DOSBox (or similar) installer! Get it while you can.

On a sidenote, the most important thing off the index:
Hellbound - Hellraiser 2 (time expired, the 25 years are over)
The fact that the BPjM didn't decide to put it on the list again implies that according to the current rating standards it doesn't belong onto it. Which means the FSK is free to rate it as they see fit.
So I'm looking forward to some bloody good remastered Blu-Ray Editions in the near future. ;)

Last edited:
Pretty much this. Get it, it's a good game: huge world, outstanding atmosphere and it aged very well graphically IMHO. Beats any of the (recent) Elder Scrolls games hands down.

Finished Gothic 3 (again) this year. And it does hold up quite well graphically. But while it is a million times better than Oblivion, I think the relatively new Skyrim is better than the 8 year old Gothic 3. However, because it took so long to get the released version of Gothic 3 playable its really only about 5 years old.

Bottom line. Gothic 3 is a great open world RPG game to play. Even Today.

I grabbed The Banner Saga as well. Who knows if I'll ever find the time to pull it out of my backlog though. :)

The Witcher 1&2 are criminally cheap on Steam right now. $1.50 and $3.00 respectively for the next 24 hours.

More great deals on Steam today.

South Park Stick of Truth for 13.59
Thief remake for 7.49
Fallout New Vegas for 2.49
Dragon Age Origins 4.99

A few more Steam deals today:

Dishonored for 4.99
Gauntlet remake for 9.99
Age of Wonders III for 13.59
Legend of Grimrock II for 17.99
Divinity Original Sin for 26.79

Well Steam is running the super XCOM deal for the next 46 hours

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack - 75% off -> $12.50

Includes 4 items:
XCOM: Enemy Unknown, XCOM: Enemy Within (expansion), XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack, XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Slingshot Pack

Needless to say, I am buying this. :)

My wishlist for Xmas will be empty at this rate.

But my backlog... dear God!

More Steam deals today:

Skyrim for 4.99
Shadowrun Dragonfall Directors Cut for 5.99

And a few earlier ones I didn't post earlier:

Divine Divinity for 1.19
Beyond Divinity for 1.19
Divinity II Directors Cut for 3.99
Or all three Divinity games above for 5.99

Back
Top Bottom