Dragon Age - Darkspawn Chronicles Review @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The first full review of Darkspawn Chronicles we've seen is up at IGN, with a pretty ordinary score of 6.5/10:
Because this is a small, self-contained adventure, much of the traditional mechanics that hook you in to Dragon Age have been removed. There's no experience gain or character leveling with any of the Darkspawn. You will get a few new abilities and some gear for your Darkspawn on the way through, but the only concrete sense of progression are damage, constitution and dexterity bonuses gained by companions as kills are made. Prodding the action forward are directions from the Archdemon, but there really isn't much character interaction to speak of, and the disposable nature of your Darkspawn companions means you never develop much of a sense of connection to any of them.
More information.

It was an interesting diversion, but that's about all. I'm glad I played through it but I'll probably never load it up again, unlike DAO:A or RTO.

Agreed. I quite enjoyed it, but have no reason to do so again.

I'm glad I played through it but I'll probably never load it up again, unlike DAO:A or RTO.
I agree with you regarding the overall quality of Darkspawn Chronicles, but I'll replay it when I replay Origins, as well as the other DLCs and Awakening. Except for it being purely h&s, there's really nothing wrong with it.

Back
Top Bottom