Larian Studios - What Comes Next

+1 to that.

It's incredible how nobody tried an RPG in a Discworld setting to date (and even how no more graphic adventures were made, after the specially good Discworl 2 and the wonderful Discworld Noir - best graphic adventure ever in my book).

Seems like Larian could make a good work with that license.

I actually highly dislike the idea of Discworld RPG, I just think it's bad setting for an RPG.On the other hand I would pay good money to see another Discworld P&C adventure especially it it involves city watch.

+1 to that.

It's incredible how nobody tried an RPG in a Discworld setting to date (and even how no more graphic adventures were made, after the specially good Discworl 2 and the wonderful Discworld Noir - best graphic adventure ever in my book).

Seems like Larian could make a good work with that license.

Yeah, Discworld graphic adventures were great games and still are. That's because Terry Pratchett is also a gamer himself (or was, since he's alzheimer now) and was involved heavily in making of those games (or so I'm told). If Swen Vincke contacts him and shows their games I think they can take the rights.

I hope it won't be the TDE license that Swen was talking about in his past interviews. It's too generic for a fantasy world. German version of Forgotten Realms I think.

I actually highly dislike the idea of Discworld RPG, I just think it's bad setting for an RPG.On the other hand I would pay good money to see another Discworld P&C adventure especially it it involves city watch.

Why, imagine an adventuring party with Cohen the Barbarian and Rincewind as companions. That would be hell of an adventure. :)

I would like to see a darker fantasy game from Larian next time. Humor is great and all, but sometimes I like more serious toned rpgs. If they went this direction, the graphics also should be made to fit this more weighty theme, in other words, not so colorful and light, but more realistic.

I like the idea of them doing a more traditional fantasy setting like Baldur's gate style or set in a Forgotten realms like setting.

It would be awesome if they could do a game in the Warhammer fantasy setting. A grimy and dark atmosphere like that would be a lot of fun.

I hope it won't be the TDE license that Swen was talking about in his past interviews. It's too generic for a fantasy world. German version of Forgotten Realms I think.

You are wrong. Basically you can say that about most fantasy worlds. But TDE doesnt have much in common with Forgotten Realms, TDE is low fantasy, no mortal gods and similar stuff.

Right, TDE and Forgotten Realms are really different.

Why, imagine an adventuring party with Cohen the Barbarian and Rincewind as companions. That would be hell of an adventure. :)

Rincewind's entire action menu during battle would consist of the following options:

- Escape
- Retreat
- Run Away
- Bail Out
- Scarper

Rincewind's entire action menu during battle would consist of the following options:

- Escape
- Retreat
- Run Away
- Bail Out
- Scarper

Also he has a sock with half brick inside it 'which kills people and but leaves buildings standing'. Do not underestimate his power :)

In shoirt : Larian's DOS gave me hope again in the RPG genre. :)

I would like to see a darker fantasy game from Larian next time. Humor is great and all, but sometimes I like more serious toned rpgs. If they went this direction, the graphics also should be made to fit this more weighty theme, in other words, not so colorful and light, but more realistic.

I like the idea of them doing a more traditional fantasy setting like Baldur's gate style or set in a Forgotten realms like setting.

It would be awesome if they could do a game in the Warhammer fantasy setting. A grimy and dark atmosphere like that would be a lot of fun.

Not every game needs to be dark and serious. I think their Rivellon universe is fine, and they can expand it for many years to come and I'll still be interested. They have such good writing as well, it shows they are very cultured people.

I always thought a lot of their zaniness must come from the vibrant Belgian comics industry, which I grew up reading.

Last edited:
Update # 64 is up

Hi everybody,

In anticipation of the launch of the new companion DLC (which will be free for everyone) here is a new update which will further improve the game.

The most notable improvements are the new listening functionality for dialogs when playing in cooperative multiplayer, a big layer of polish on the spell and skill effects and a number of bugfixes. Please note that the new companions will only be available after installing the free DLC (to be released later today) and can only be accessed when starting a new game.

Code:

Added listening functionality to dialogs. Now you can listen to ongoing dialogs and see the complete history to better follow what is being said.
Fixed issue with logging for cooperative dialogs
A lot of fixes for savegames that refused to load
Sheath/Unsheath fixed timing of attachment of shields.
Rare crash fix in specific script calls
Rare crash fix in extinguish surface action
Fading objects and fog triggers now work for all players instead of just the local player.
Fixed issue where rotation on objects could get corrupted, resulting in huge objects
Bugfix in character movement while mouse is pressed
Fixed some UI's that were always loaded in memory. Now they are loaded when needed.
Fixed issue when swapping character during a rock-paper-scissor minigame.
Fixed some doors that were blocking after they were destroyed
Added text bubble effect above characters in dialog
Dragging action will cancel when going into trade
Fixed rare crash with attachments on objects
Fixed rare issue where the mouse cursor could become corrupted
Weight can no longer become negative
Character should slide less when arriving at their target position
Dragging an item onto a container will put it in the inventory now
Correctly substract money when hiring henchman
Correctly delete item when adding to an inventory fails.
Fixed exclamation mark sometimes being attached wrong.
Fixed rare crashes when going to and coming from the Homestead
Fixed double spaces in combat log
Changed requirement from Crafing to Tenebrium to craft tenebrium weapons
Fixed issue with sheath/unsheat after sitting or sleeping
Fixed issue with wrong resurrecting event
Skillbar items in a container no longer get removed
Fix for surface sound underflow
Skill are reloaded when switching mods
Remove blackrot status when you have tenebrium ability
Added "Additional Content" menu to the main menu
Fixed issue where characters in combat could sometimes take characters out of the combat into account
Fixed issue with disconnected during the rock-paper-scissor minigame
Fixed issue where character sometimes dont follow after a load

Story:

War of the Bloodstones, some mountain men could be neutral during the war
Quest blocker in Nadia quest when you talk to Lawrence
Arhu thinks that everything you drop in his house is his property, is fixed
Issue with killing the Trife with companions without starting the end fight
Imps were not appearing on Mac version
AI mesh fixes at Baron of Bones house, now the player can teleport the chest in the southern room
Items on some graves drop under the ground when dug out
You could start a conversation with Lurrean while he was walking away
You could ask William to teleport you to Wally once the quest was solved, this is removed
Incorrect log entry on mushroom barrier removal
Couldn't select enemies that were inside click through bushes
Zou could talk to Yox while Frederick was approaching and the quest would hang
How to handle Tenebrium quest book had been increased to unlimited uses
Cyseal burning ship got a sound event, so you can hear it burn now
The Lawrence vs miners situation used to get blocked but that is fixed now
Teleport Mirror in Luculla Mines doesn't want to teleport companions

Note: a limited amount of these story fixes require you to start a new game

Effects:

Battering Ram
Crushing Fist
Cure Wounds
Divine Light
Dust Devil/Whirlwind
Encourage
Power Stance
Precision Stance
Power Stance
Precision Stance
Minor Heal
Slow Current
Bitter Cold
Headvice

Audio:

Overall audio balance has been updated.
The burning ship in Cyseal had sound (burning & sinking) which did not work, this has been fixed now.
Player weapons such as Two Handed Sword and Magic Staff got new dedicated sounds when sheathing their weapon.
The Orcs in the game now have extra foley sounds including a huge roar, a sobbing orc and a really gross ‘buttscratch’…
For the new area, dedicated ambient sounds have been added, as well as custom sounds for a very loathsome druid and some really disgusting fx for certain pigs

MAC Specific:
This update brings all Mac tweaking options into a single place. In order to use it you have to hold 'Command' key on game startup.
The new launcher has options to:

Don't show any OS X notification popups while in game. They won't even blink.
Disable Touch Support if you feel like it
Quickly click on OS X Path control to discover your saves directory
Temporarily switch game to windowed mode
Precisely track mouse and trackpad gestures and taps
Disable hardware fade and gamma effects
Enable OpenGL performance tweaks and a heap of assorted workarounds

Divinity Engine Editor:

Fixed some problems that existed when loading mods
Fixed some memory leaks
Added info when trying to save terrain that is not editable
Fixed saving new story items
Fixed story editor crash
Fixed crash when entering game mode
Fixed position of camera when switching between cameras

Have fun!

Last edited:
Watching the update video. The baredotr will be my new companion! I just got into dos but I better put it on hold. Lots of extras are still coming

Back
Top Bottom