Two Worlds II - Review @ CVG

Dhruin

SasqWatch
CVG has reprinted a Two Worlds II review from Xbox 360 World - and boy, is it a shocker (4.8/10):
So while it sounds decent enough being able to kick off a scrap from far away in mage regalia before flicking a hotkey to instantly switch over to sword and armour, ready to mop up the grisly remnants... the whole set-up is borked in practice.

You might as well just stick to hacking-'n'-slashing. Speaking of sword-'n'-shield based melée, we also seem to remember sophisticated mano-e-beasto fight also being promised by Reality Pump, something that no role-player thus far has even half-nailed.

The whole theme of having to duck, dive and generally mix things up is one big wad of bull though, and you either end up just hammering the right trigger and trading blows in traditionally rubbish fashion or hightailing it about while spewing fireballs like Benny Hill in a dress.

Looks-wise, it's the usual fantasy RPG story - with some reasonably purdy looking forest/mountainous/desert areas underpinned by shatto character models.
"Shatto"?
More information.

I do believe I saw this coming after the ign review. Except many hate filled forum rants on there website. On a parting note why is there still no news from the developers or publishers on the NA pc retail cancellation?

as expected, europeans like the game, american retards are bashing it

"Shatto" ?

Is this an amalgam of "shitty" and "shallow" ?

Here let me fix the statement it should be as expected Europeans like the game American journalist retards are bashing it. Many like the game in the US and I stated before its an average game that improved on the first. Divinity 2 is still better.

Last edited:
Xbox 360 World? Who has ever heard of that site? Looking it up, it's run by NPK entertainment, which has a total of two! websites. Their review is about as valid as porky's rebuttal. Read Desslock's review and get a feeling for how an old-time American gaming journalist really feels about Two Worlds II. Here's the direct link, though I know I saw a news post about it too:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/04/two-worlds-2-review

Both TwoWorlds 1,2 were good games, much better than Oblivion. The US review sites mention nothing about the complex magic system. What do American gamers expect ?

"Shatto"?

I've been searching this whole time for an explanation of the word Shatto, but I just can't find it. It's not even in the urban dictionary. The only possible explanation for the use of the word are:

1) The reviewer wanted to dominate us with his supreme knowledge of the English Language
2) The reviewer wanted to show us his extremely lacking knowledge of the English Language
3) The reviewer used a neologism used by 12-year-olds
4) The reviewer went berserk and the editors were unable to correct that part of the article
5) It's the worst misspelling of the word "shitty" ever

We don't need this here. If you want to post crap like this head on over to Bethesda's official forums.

If you're after a bland slog-o-thon of an adventure that'll easy soak up fifty hours of your life while never truly thrilling you, we're guessing you might see something in Two Worlds II.
And not only does the author not like the game, [/sarcasm font on]but if YOU like it you clearly must enjoy sucky content[/sarcasm font off]. Professional.

6) The writer is expressing a juvenile joy that is found in being as unprofessional and casual oriented as possible, just to annoy would-be high brow critics?
7) The writer is merely adapting phrases to suit his immediate audience?
8) With headings like 'jerkin off and bird brain', the author wanted to candidly illustrate just where he/she was coming from in a nutshell.

We could go on. ;) It does read like a very ordinary review however.

I've been searching this whole time for an explanation of the word Shatto, but I just can't find it. It's not even in the urban dictionary. The only possible explanation for the use of the word are:

1) The reviewer wanted to dominate us with his supreme knowledge of the English Language
2) The reviewer wanted to show us his extremely lacking knowledge of the English Language
3) The reviewer used a neologism used by 12-year-olds
4) The reviewer went berserk and the editors were unable to correct that part of the article
5) It's the worst misspelling of the word "shitty" ever

Hilerious !!! :D

Dear God, did this review come from a print edition? I sincerely hope not.

Oblivion was better then two worlds 1. Two worlds 2, it is better then the first although it doesn't perform that well and it has some very rough edges.

Only 'problem' of the Two Worlds 2 is it does not have a 'Elder Scrolls' title before its name. :) If it was a Bethesda title I'm sure American reviewers would toss their high points and praises abundantly and probably declare it as game of the year or millenium or ages bla bla.

Honestly I don't understand most of these American gamers and reviewers. They have slamed some decent European RPGs in the past (Gothic, Drakensang, Divinity series comes to my mind) and now they're doing it again for Two Worlds 2. So I'm not surprised anymore. They have some biases towards these games that I can't understand. Nationalism in computer games or something?

Back
Top Bottom