Dragon Age - The Characters of Q&A @ Gamespot

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Gamespot question Dan Tudge on the characters of DA:O.
The Canadian development studio known as BioWare made a name for itself with in-depth fantasy role-playing games for the PC, most notably the Baldur's Gate series some 10 years ago. The studio has now come full circle with its next project, Dragon Age: Origins, which will be, of all things, an in-depth fantasy role-playing game for the PC (and presumably for consoles later on). Any good story has an intriguing cast of characters, and Dragon Age will certainly have a colorful cast, which you can see in this exclusive new video. Executive producer Dan Tudge explains.
More information.

There's also a video in that article. And man does it look cool. Those spiders look really nice. It's worth it downloading the hi-res video. It's really atmospheric. :)

Nice vid. I thought the character\creature design, speech, and music all had a very Tolkienesque feel. I kept thinking of LotR while watching it.

The combat mechanics are definitely classic Bioware though...

A dog party member! what an old Fallout-esque feeling :)

I am super excited about this game. I just haven't been able to get into any RPG games lately and so tired of MMORPG games. Been replaying NWN2, HOMM5 and trying out Demos to kill time.

I also love dogs so the idea of having one in a game would be great. I know in NWN2 the only time I would ever cheat would be for my Ranger and his wolf companion. I always gave him all the "feats" that would help raise the level of the pet to make it survive better. Then I always did everything I could to make sure he didn't die while playing.

Hopefully these hounds will be more robust :)

Good thing or Bad thing?

Depends which game you're refering to. I would love to see them go back to the style of the Infinity Engine games, which is what it looks like they're indeed doing.

Their later titles (KotOR, Jade Empire, Mass Effect) were somewhat dumbed-down imo.

1stupid question.Will this be D&D?

Something based on D&D like KotOR or something entirely new?

New. They said this months ago already.

Nice video. I like the opening scene much better now. And the setting is completely new, they wrote all history first, then picked a story to make it into a game. Their own IP means they can do anything they like with it, hopefully something big and gripping.

Back
Top Bottom