RPGWatch Feature: Inside The Witcher, Part 1

The combat system is why the game looks a lot to me like a top-down Gothic. Good role-playing nuts and bolts with somewhat twitchy combat. Beats the hell out of mindless boring clicking.

Oh,believe me, combat is great. I've already played few hours and i have to tell you that this is definitely not mindless clicking. There are also tactical options, which you have to youse. This system isn't similar to anything in fact, and works really well.

Thats good news then. The game sounds really great in all other aspects too. This sure is getting to be a good year for gaming. Ive bought a metric ton of good PC/PS2 games and they still keep coming. I really need to raise my standards again soon if this doesnt stop.

Nicely done, Dhruin! :)

Aurora Engine looks great with their work, it's too bad about the NO jumping and forced paths/trails but honestly I don't see how they could have gotten around that, so it's not totally unexpected.
Certainly glad to hear the translation better than average and still think they could reach a broader audience by including a choice of Auto Chaining for those not interested in Hack & Slash, style fighting.

It will be nice to play a new RPG IP, with real world consequences and not some bethesda hack job. :)

So far I think CD Projekt's biggest mistake was tying long term quest and consequences to some sort of stand against Saving and Loading.
It's a no win for them, since there is nothing that requires the use of Saving and Loading other than Personal Need, Buggy States and Poor Designs.

mistake?

I guess they wanted simply make your choices more important:) This is the point, not saving the game. It is just supposed to be more like in real life.

The collector's edition of this game looks nicely put together as well:

What's the deal on an English language CE? It seems pretty clear there won't be an NA one, but less clear on the UK and Aussie front. Does anyone have definitive info on if there will be one and, if so, where we can get it and what will be in it?

Thanks, woges.

Hmmm... looks like they took out half the cool stuff from the Polish version. Does anyone know for sure if the map will be in the regular version? If so, I'll just go with that. International, of course, as I hate the idea that the game's being altered for the puritanical NA market...

"Behind the Scenes DVD
Artbook
Monster Book" - well if it's really collector's edition, they took a lot from Polish version.
It Poland collector's edition also contains:
battle-card game "The Witcher"
http://www.gram.pl/upl/news/120071003130948.jpg
T-shirt
witcher medallion
map
soundtrack
short story by Sapkowski

Seems like that shop doesnt work anymore. I try to order it with EU delivery put it stops everytime on the delivery&payment page complaining about royal mail strike. Its the only english speaking shop currently with the collectors edition (yesterday there where three arrrgh).

Here is what youll get in Collector's Edition (Polish version) for 65$:

Artbook - hard frontside, in w00t chalk paper, 150 pages
Bestiary book - hard frontside, chalk paper, 120 pages
Unique witcher medallion
T-Shirt
Battle card game The Witcher
2 page map printed on special paper

+ what youll find in normal game edition:
Polish language game
Soundtrack CD
Disk with video materials
Manual