Peter Molyneux's God Game Kickstarter

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A new Kickstarter from 22cans seeks £450,000 for Project GODUS, a "reinvention of the god game" from this studio formed by Peter Molyneux, who pioneered the genre with Populous over two decades ago. They are shooting for a release in about nine months, but will use funding beyond their target to extend the development schedule.

This probably is Molyneux's last game as he mentioned a few weeks ago.

Link-http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/22cans/project-godus

I got bit mix feelings about this one.On one hand I really loved populous and found Black and white to be good but with lot of wasted potential,on the other I really don't like Peter Molyneux and I am not sure is he capable of creating game of populous quality anymore.I guess i will wait for few updates but I am most likely going to pledge on lower tiers and hope for best.

Wow, a spiritual successor to Populous, this I never expected. A few days ago I actually mentioned on this site that that would be the only way for Peter to redeem himself after Fable and his PR BS. Consequently, I will have to put my money where my mouth is lest I be a hypocrite.

The thing that I find a bit disappointing though is that the scope of the game may seem to be somewhat limited, in terms of the used tech, considering its relatively short development cycle and the fact that it will be released on mobile platforms.

Yeah, I thought it sounded neat until I saw "mobile". Multiplayer doesn't excite me at all with this one, either.

Why would Molyneux of all people require Kickstarter money?

Why would Molyneux of all people require Kickstarter money?
Just to prove that he can.

And just to prove that I can do with my money whatever I want to do, I'll pledge some beercoins to this obvious scam that'll probably be just another horsebackside game, screenshot the pledge and paste on other frauds and liars official forums where I didn't want to pay for stuff (example: star trek online). Seems silly, but I don't see another way to tell that not just any noname con artist can milk ppl like Moulineux.

Am I the only one who still cares? :D

I mean... I don't really care for the project... But do care for news. ;)

3 days left till the end of this kickstarter and Molyneux is still 70K short. There is a new video upped yesterday:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/22cans/project-godus/posts/370768

Will it help or not, god(us) knows. All I know is that I won't shed a tear if this kickstarter fails.

No chance of failure now - less than £5k short with 46 hours left.

I have fond memories of Populous but given Molyneaux's recent record, there is no way I would pledge towards this. I'll buy the game after the reviews, thanks Peter.

Looks like it might turn out to be a fun game but I wasn't blown away by the proof of concept video and £15 is too expensive for buying a game on Kickstarter IMO.

All the projects I backed provided a digital copy at the $10 - $15 tier.

Back
Top Bottom