Caribbean - Status Update #5

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Snowbird Games posted the fifth status update for Caribbean! on Steam. They also included a new video with the update that shows the changes made.

Update notes — October 17th

Today we're releasing an update where we change things up a little in land battles. Please watch the video below for instruction on how to use it and and let us know what you think.

Update notes for 0.910:

- Added new options for controlling armies in land battles. NB: Before battle starts, players have 60 seconds to place their troops. To access the battle planning interface, press 'Backspace' button.
- Added new boarding location - frigate.
- Improved AI for enemy armies.
- Added 3D icons for available actions at boarding scenes.
- Changed balance for crew sizes during boarding.
- Gunners are now divided by their nationality. They also have a personal weapon and ability to fight in close range.
- Added assault cavalry units.
- Changed balance for player's starting army.
- Added separation of all single-type troops by squads in land battles.
- Removed items purchase from village elders that caused an error earlier.
- Fixed a bug with sudden ships sinking after battle start.
- Fixed a bug with incorrect additions to ship crews.
- Fixed balance and bugs in 'Old Jorge' quest.
- Fixed a bug that prevented ships repair in the sea.
- Fixed a bug with smoke caused by shooting with some weapons.
- Fixed a bug with long-barreled guns which AI tried to use as shields earlier.
- Fixed a graphical artifact in the launcher.
- Fixed a bug with moving sailors from other ships to flagship.
- Fixed a bug with ships display after its purchase in the harbor.
- Fixed a bug that prevented hiring troops in captured towns.
- Fixed polygon errors in officer armor sets.
- Fixed a bug with ships HP after being upgraded.
- Fixed a bug with ships hull HP.
- Fixed bugs in global map's physics.
More information.

I like what they did with tactical map, great stuff. I hope they make smt similar in new Viking Conquest DLC for Warband

I was wondering if anyone who is playing the Beta version can share their experience with us? So is the the game improved, and is it worth buying right now?

I have bought every expansion so far but I'm reluctant to buy this one.:please:

I was wondering if anyone who is playing the Beta version can share their experience with us? So is the the game improved, and is it worth buying right now?

I have bought every expansion so far but I'm reluctant to buy this one.:please:

But this isn't an expansion as much as a stand alone right? But since it uses the same engine and basse mechanics I suppose I understand why you would call it an expansion.

I'm absolutely buying this one sooner or later, I really like Eador which is a slightly flawed gem, and I want to support these developers.

I like what they did with tactical map, great stuff. I hope they make smt similar in new Viking Conquest DLC for Warband

Yes! Same here. Pre-battle preparation was cumbersome and quite a chore in WB.

But this isn't an expansion as much as a stand alone right? But since it uses the same engine and basse mechanics I suppose I understand why you would call it an expansion.

Yeah, it's standalone, it just uses the same engine.

Sorry guys to me these are paid expansions, DLCs, and mods as they all use the same engine as Warband just modified a little bit. So my apologizes for the name.

Still no one answered my previous question is it worth a buy?;)

Ill definetively keep check on this but for now I'm enjoying the mod Brytenwalda. The mods for Mount and Blade are truly amazing.

Sorry guys to me these are paid expansions, DLCs, and mods as they all use the same engine as Warband just modified a little bit. So my apologizes for the name.

Still no one answered my previous question is it worth a buy?;)

No need to apologize, you're opinion is as valid as mine. Almost. ;)

I tend not to play early access, so I can't answer if it's worth buying, but I will absolutely buy it at some point and if you like M&B and pirates the combination should be great. :)

Back
Top Bottom