Arcania - Review Flood #6

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Things are slowing down. Looks like this will be the last review collection for Arcania.
  • ComputerGames.ro sends word an English translation of their review is online. "ArcaniA is functional, it looks good, but it offers nothing special in its 20 or so hours. And if this is the bright future of the series, I can already say “May it rest in peace”." - 57%
  • ZeitgeistGameReview posted their video review.
  • MSXBoxWorld concludes: "For a company to follow the typical medieval fantasy fiction in an RPG the title needs to offer features that stand-out; unfortunately, Arcania barely offers a game that is respectfully presentable never mind unique. Arcania Gothic 4 may contain homage content for the authentic RPG player - and a substantial amount of that content to play with - but holding traditional value in a lot of character grinding and looting is not enough for the needed refurbishment of the Gothic series." 6/10 (XBox)
  • DigitalChumps like Arcania for what it is: "Which is why when I fired up Arcania: Gothic 4 which I have been playing this week, I was pleasantly surprised and nearly instantly hooked on a very satisfying and addictive RPG in the vein of an Elder Scrolls or Dragon Age. Perhaps it's no surprise, but I haven't played any of the previous Gothic titles before (although I've read that they are well received). While not as polished, deep, or epic (for lack of a better word) as some of its counterparts, Arcania: Gothic 4 is a solid open world RPG experience that embraces newcomers and veterans of the genre alike." They say "It's been thoroughly enjoyable overall." - 7.6/10 (XBox), Fun Factor 9, Tilt 8
  • JeuxVideoNetwork - 12/20
  • AbsoluteGames.ru - Supposedly that's a major site in Russia. Their reviewer thinks Arcania sucks. - 35%
  • GamesWorld.gr - An average 6.9/10
  • Game20.gr - 7/10
  • Konsolenfieber - 78° - Good game for newbies.
  • GameVista.de - 75%
More information.

echo..........

Back
Top Bottom