Simple Food Delights!

D

Deleted User

Hey everyone! :)

I'm sitting here eating one of my favorite food delights, and it's very simple. Fresh Tuscan bread with Cooper cheese. No butter on the bread, not toasted, simply fresh slices of the bread with a hunk of cheese on the side. Absolutely divine.

If you try this, make sure you get a nice hearty loaf of bread, with a significant crust. If the bread is a few days old, no worries, just pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds or so. It comes out great and is oh so delicious. Very simple, earthy, comfort food, if you will.

So, what are some of your favorite foods that make you feel great every time you eat them?

Ok! here we go hotpot, double fried pork and swedish oxtail soup... all of those makes my taste buds spin, very delicious!

This one is simple enough, and I love it.
Put some chutney (paprika&tomato) on any loaf of bread of you liking,
sprinkle some salt on it if you like 'em more salty(I prefer sea salt), some black paper if you like, some Origano if you like. Or do experiment. :)
And then put on thin cut slices of cheese of your liking ( I use vegan cheese).
And there you have it. Good stuff. :)
You can make it a toast as well, with two loafs of bread(few days old) of course. :)

poutine.jpg

HHR, that disk seems a bit yecchy to me. In stead I'll give you:

LUTEFISK
Slik-koker-du-lutefisk.jpg

According to Wikipedia (and I can vouch for it): "It is made from aged stockfish (air-dried whitefish) or dried/salted whitefish (klippfisk) and lye (lut). It is gelatinous in texture. Its name literally means "lye fish"."

I couldn't stand it as a child. Now I really, really like it, it's one of my favourite dishes. Foreigners tend to detest it, which is as it should be, because "Every nation has a perverted dish which they will defend until death" (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons/bvvQb-HsChY)

pibbur who is puzzled that GG didn't mention surströmming.

A Thai tasting platter. :)

imrs.php

Nothing like bruschetta for simple food delighs.

I've learned the hard way though to pull the seeds and stuff out or else the tomatoes might taste like barf after being seasoned with oil & vinegar. I'm using a healthy dose of red onions, freshly grated parmesan, basil leaves and a sip of white wine and some sugar, salt and pepper. I also rub the garlic onto the bread, tastes better than mixing it with the tomatoes.

Another simple food delight of mine & gf is tschuschki. Grilled peppers are skinned, cut down and seasoned with oil, vinegar, onions and basically as much garlic as you can possibly digest. Tastes great with feta + yoghurt.

I've been swept up in the juicing fad. My concoction of preference, after some experimentation and roughly in order of proportion:

Spinach
Cucumber
Honeydew melon
Celery
Lemon
Jalapeño (about 1/6 of a whole fresh pepper)
Mint leaves

It's delicious, and the best part is it looks like something you'd scoop out of a contaminated swamp for testing, so you can completely freak out onlookers by sitting there happily sipping it.

Eww, I can imagine the colour of that drink, haha. Nice one :)

I'm an old fashioned gamer; just give me PIZZA!! :)

This one is simple enough, and I love it.
Put some chutney (paprika&tomato) on any loaf of bread of you liking,
sprinkle some salt on it if you like 'em more salty(I prefer sea salt), some black paper if you like, some Origano if you like. Or do experiment. :)
And then put on thin cut slices of cheese of your liking ( I use vegan cheese).
And there you have it. Good stuff. :)
You can make it a toast as well, with two loafs of bread(few days old) of course. :)

This sounds great, I'll have to try it!

I have also recently discovered Bhaji vegetable curry. Oh, MAN is it good! Just have some buttered bread on the side to scoop up the curry with, and it is absolutely delish. =)

Back
Top Bottom