Brilliant movie! ... I'm never going to the cinema again!

I want to live where you're living! Lol

Well that was for the 3d version. I picked that because the regular version had a lot more people.

However the regular version was only $5.13. I live in Minnesota.

I think one of the repeated listed traits of the world's most successful people is their ability to not complain and replace it with taking action. I see an unusual amount of complaining on this site lately.

I think one of the repeated listed traits of the world's most successful people is their ability to not complain and replace it with taking action. I see an unusual amount of complaining on this site lately.

But successful people are often horrible. I'm happier with the grumpy losers.

You lost me completely. What's going to the movies got to do with trying to be successful? Since when do the world's most successful people post on niche RPG forums? Who's complaining? No, really, who's complaining? And about what? Take what action? Price too high - don't go, that's taking action isn't it? You're complaining about people complaining when people aren't complaining, it's just you who's complaining? And isn't your complaining completely off-topic? Like, a total thread derail?

You lost me completely. What's going to the movies got to do with trying to be successful? Since when do the world's most successful people post on niche RPG forums? Who's complaining? No, really, who's complaining? And about what? Take what action? Price too high - don't go, that's taking action isn't it? You're complaining about people complaining when people aren't complaining, it's just you who's complaining? And isn't your complaining completely off-topic? Like, a total thread derail?

I offer much wisdom! What you do with it is entirely up to you! :biggrin:

I still love going to the movies and don't find them to cost that much compared to other options. The good thing I guess for me is there is a Costco 5minutes from my home where you can buy a 2 person movie pass with two large drinks and a med. popcorn for 24.oo.

As for people in the movies I have never backed down from speaking my mind when people of any age are making noise or on their phones. Last time this happened two woman in their 40's had their phones out and where chatting during the movie. I kept kicking the back of their seats harder and harder until one of them asked me if I was going to stop. I replied nicely "as soon as you either stop talking and turn your phones off or leave." They got the point and the rest of the movie was enjoyable.

The other option is like Dart, when there is a hot new movie we have found if we go the first movie of the day no one is there at all.

I love going into the cinema - once or twice in 3 years or so.

My visit to the current Shaun The Sjheep" is so long overdue that I'll probably watch it on DVd if I don't manage to get to watch it ... Thankfully there is a local cinema showing movies several weeks or months AFTER they had been shown in the grand ones ... the expensive ones ... And that is my last hope. ;)

I'm almost exclusively watching animated movies nowadays, though.

I have a very low tolerance for people who make what I call "unnecessary noise" - so I'm often a bit uncomfortable when I go to the movies. I don't enjoy playing the policeman - but I will, if I have to. I'm probably a bit of an HSP.

I so hate it when people just don't know when to shut up. So more movie policemen the better. :)

I can't understand these people. I don't mind someone whispering the occasional comment (but why not wait and tell it when the movie is over?), but generally speaking, some people just go to movie to chat with friends. Imo it is so disrespectfull behaviour. It ruins the experience for me. I don't like to complain and make a scene, but sometimes you just have to. And then some of these people have a nerve to get upset over it. Like i'm the bad guy here.

And then there are those idiots who update their facebook profile or something while in a movie theather. Movie theathers were so much better before cellphones became so common… Thankfully the situation is not as bad as it was few years ago, but still people manage to leave their cellphone sound on.

edit: This video pretty much sums my feelings about the wonders of cellphones and social media ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HbYScltf1c

Back
Top Bottom