Currently not listening to?

Im not sure why Nickleback gets bashed so much. Granted I only hear what they play on the radio and never cared enough to listen to live, and they are very generic, but they have a couple of good tunes in "Photograph" and "Never Again"

and this

I agree. It's just funny/interesting how they almost everywhere I look (not many places) is mentioned as the "world's worst band". I can think of several bands/musicians/"musicians" that are worse. So much worse that it borders on (not equals) objective facts.

For instance Lene Alexandra Øien (Norwegian, sadly): My boobs are OK.. Age restricted, so probably NSFW. Even if it's a joke, it's very annoying to my ears.

pibbur who demands to be taken seriously when he says the mentioned video is also annoying to his eyes.

I generally despise music that sounds like it's been made to make the artist(s) successful or popular.

I generally despise music that sounds like it's been made to make the artist(s) successful or popular.

lol, oh hipsters, be brave enough to share your pleasures.

elitism801_1024x1024.png

Like Britney Spears. Whether from the studio or live, she sounds like a cyborg wearing nose plugs. There is no way in the world she sounds like that for real.

It's almost as if the entire subject under discussion was by definition a popular art form designed for mass consumption.

Kind of like ... videogames?

02140.png

Okay, last one, and then I will stop being a jerk forever.

inde-rock-pete.png

Don't stop being a jerk, if that's what it takes to be you :)

As for what's designed for mass consumption and what's designed from the heart that's suitable for mass consumption, they're separate things. But you'd have to be a hipster to appreciate it, I guess :)

There are indeed some sorts of music I just can't stand - thgus not listening to them :

- Techno
- Heavy Metal and similar music like Death Metal etc.
- Hip-Hop and similar singing styles.

I do acknowledge the artistic work in these kinds of music, though,
althout it is really hard for me to do it for / with Heavy Metal.

When I say that I love listening to the music of Enya, people often say : " … But everything she does sounds so similar …" Well, to me, Heavy Metal music and its variants all sound very similar, too …
I really cannot say where this comes from - but the easiest way is to simply say that it is a matter of taste. ;)
( I personally believe that there must be more to it than just "taste", but I haven't a clue what it might be … I'd just say that people just listen differently … )

Metal music is a curious one. Although it can seem like a raging wall of sound, there is often more musical complexity in it than many other forms of music. Metal guitarists are, at heart, geeks of the first order.

Metal music is a curious one. Although it can seem like a raging wall of sound, there is often more musical complexity in it than many other forms of music. Metal guitarists are, at heart, geeks of the first order.

And there is of course Progressive Metal

pibbur who quite often dreams about theatres.

Last edited:
.. and acoustic ballads.

I'm used to dislike metal as a matter of principle way back, but those bands often have some fantastic slow balads in their repertoire.

Currently I'm not listening to anything. Enjoying the sounds of silence.

Any & all of that absolutely awful crap, shithop, & auto-tuned, lip-syncing "pop" garbage of today. Spears, Perry, Cyrus, all these so called "stars" are nothing more than mass-manufactured products. They lip -sync "live" shows and the records are auto tuned to the hilt. And any body that has been on one of those godawful singing competition shows. (insert vomiting emoticon here)

.. and acoustic ballads.

I absolutely love the wonderfully sad song "Dreamer" by Ozzy Ozburne. The only CD single I ever bought from a Metal band ! ;D

people who quite often dreams about theatres.

I think I even have an album from them, but I didn't listen to it yet.

What I like quite a lot of what Meat Loaf did. You know, from his "Bat out of hell" album. Very impressive.

I don't quite know why, but my taste goes rather into electronic areas, like Jon & Vangelis, for example, or OMD. For fitting my taste, personally, there must always be some kind of keyboard instrument present - be it organ, synthesizer, piano or just a generic "keyboard" - because otherwise I have the strong feeling that "there is something missing". Like some spice missing to a meal. And that's why Genesis (especially early Genesis - like in "The Musical Box" - fits very good to my taste).

@alrik: Ever listened to Ayreon? Might interest you.

pibbur who has listened to Ayreon. Again and again and again and ... again......

I absolutely love the wonderfully sad song "Dreamer" by Ozzy Ozburne. The only CD single I ever bought from a Metal band ! ;D

A great song. First time I heard it, I immediately played it again.

"Your higher power may be God or Jesus Christ
It doesn't really matter much to me
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us
I'm living in a dream of fantasy
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah

If only we could all just find serenity
It would be nice if we could live as one
When will all this anger, hate and bigotry …
Be gone?"

Amen, Ozzy. Amen.

Another one I love, and probably my absolute favorite song, is "Wind Of Change" by the Scorpions. "Under The Same Sun" is great too. It will never happen, sadly, but what a great world it would truly be if we all could, like Klaus & Ozzy sang, "live as one."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom