How do you imagine Xenus 3?

myers90

Watchdog
Good night Xenus community!

I've been away in the last time, but I haven't lost my interest in the Xenus series. I hope this game still have it's community. I just created this thread to refresh the theme. So the question is like you can see in the name of the thread:

I like to read about the opinion of the fans, what are they missing from the game, or how do they wants to change the gameplay.

Is this just a speculative thread, or are there any hints that Deep Shadows will create one more Xenus game? Anyway, I don't really think we need another of that kind. Both the Far Cry and the Dead Island series games are very similar already. What we really need is the sequel to the much cooler The Precursors that finally brings that game to a conclusion!

Just a speculative thread, I dont think Deep Shadows planning a third episode, at least not in the near future...

Hi guys! Good to hear from you. I get the feeling that the community has all but moved on unfortunately, but it was fun while it lasted!

I check the Deep Shadows site from time to time in the hope that there will be some signs of life, but they appear to be long gone. I tried to contact members of their team a couple of times when I was working on the unpacker but they never responded.

My favorite Xenus is still the first one - Boiling Point. I attempted another play through recently and the thing that struck me was how fragile the quest system is, and how unfair the reputation system can be. In the end I had to stop playing because the government hated me, and when I accepted a quest which should have improved my reputation with them, I couldn't get to the quest giver to complete the quest because he was in the barracks, and - despite them promising to leave me alone - they'd shoot me on sight.

If Xenus 3 was developed then I'd hope for basically a re-make of the first game, but with a modern engine obviously and with the game systems polished to the point where it didn't break so easily. I felt like I was constantly walking on egg shells just to keep the game world from collapsing.

I don't think we'll ever hear from them again sadly, but I gotta say that FarCry 3 was as close to Xenus 3 as we're gonna get. It had a lot of things in common with these games I thought, but was very user friendly and non-stop fun to play (except for the awful main story and dialog, but who's interested in that stuff anyway!).

Hi guys! Good to hear from you. I get the feeling that the community has all but moved on unfortunately, but it was fun while it lasted!

If anyone posts bugs and issues here I would still be willing to fix them in a new unofficial patch, but at the moment I am still very busy with VTM Bloodlines :)!

I check the Deep Shadows site from time to time in the hope that there will be some signs of life, but they appear to be long gone.

That's very sad! Not even new point and click adventures? I still dream about getting the missing sequel for Precursors one day :(.

My favorite Xenus is still the first one - Boiling Point. I attempted another play through recently and the thing that struck me was how fragile the quest system is, and how unfair the reputation system can be.

Maybe it is time for an Unofficial Patch for Boiling Point! Fixing these quest issues and maybe adding some more mediation options like with the guys in the bars in Xenus 2. IIRC editing BP was easier than WG.

If Xenus 3 was developed then I'd hope for basically a re-make of the first game, but with a modern engine obviously and with the game systems polished to the point where it didn't break so easily.

In that case X3 should also do some cooler stuff with the Xenus tablet itself. Nothing besides unlimited money in the original BP, which was probably a bug anyway. That was a big dissappointment!

I don't think we'll ever hear from them again sadly, but I gotta say that FarCry 3 was as close to Xenus 3 as we're gonna get.

On the surface maybe, but underneath, no way! I mean come on, you could buy every kind of modern weapon from vending machines distributed all over the island, but still had to make pouches by killing deer? That gameplay system was as stupid as it could possibly get and the missions were boring and repetitive! I would rather play the Dead Island games instead, which are set in a similar environment, but sadly only center around killing zombies and with some very stupid gameplay mechanism on their own.

On the surface maybe, but underneath, no way! I mean come on, you could buy every kind of modern weapon from vending machines distributed all over the island, but still had to make pouches by killing deer? That gameplay system was as stupid as it could possibly get and the missions were boring and repetitive! I would rather play the Dead Island games instead, which are set in a similar environment, but sadly only center around killing zombies and with some very stupid gameplay mechanism on their own.

ha! FC3 was ridiculous in many ways I agree, and the actual gameplay mechanics differ in many ways too. FarCry 3 expects the player to throw common sense out the window and was much more focused on cheap thrills, but the setting for both games were quite simular; both were open world jungle games full of deadly wildlife and gun toting locals, and both had a great sense of fun about them. The way Jason or whatever his name was was grossed out when gutting an animal always made me laugh.

If you do give FC3 another go, trying turning off 95% of your cognitive function before hand, that's the key!

Back
Top Bottom