BattleTech - New Kickstarter coming this Fall

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A BattleTech Kickstarter is planned:
TACTICAL ‘MECH COMBAT RETURNS TO THE PC.

Harebrained Schemes is pleased to announce their return to Kickstarter this Fall to partner with Backers in co-funding the creation of BATTLETECH. Jordan Weisman, the creator of BattleTech and MechWarrior, is back with the first turn-based BattleTech game for PC in over two decades. Steeped in the feudal political intrigue of the BattleTech universe, the game will feature an open-ended Mercenaries-style campaign that blends RPG ‘Mech and MechWarrior management with modern turn-based tactics.

More information.

Turn based tactics + team management + RPG elements -> I'm already intrigued.

What would be even more intriguing would be to find out what does not intrigue.
At this stage, everything seems intriguing.

Last edited:
I hope BattleTech will be as fun as the awesome MechCommander was.

Any new Battletech is a good thing in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing the Kickstarter pitch. HBS have done great things so I have high hopes for this.

Awesome news, Battletech has loads of potential done right, I'll be backing this for sure. They need to get Michael Stackpole involved in the writing, his books were amazing for the Battletech world.

Turn-based, so presumably single player control of multiple mech units? Yes, that does sounds interesting.

Same guys that did BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception? If so color me interested.

This might turn out to be a good game to have a modding toolset. Maybe it'll be a stretch goal?

Wow, I just had myself a rather welcome Westwood Batttletech flashback!
http://www.mobygames.com/game/battletech-the-crescent-hawks-inception
That was a good little game.

I still have the PC version of Crescent Hawks on the shelf - as well as the Mechforce that Ralph Reed made for the Amiga back in the 90's.
Harebrained Schemes could do a remake of Mechforce with better graphics and a story to the build up of your merc company and ending in a open ended merc campaign with random objectives and they would have the ultimate battle tech game.

So looking forward to seeing where they are taking this.

Mechs?
And the game ain't titled Evangelion?

I'll skippit.

Back
Top Bottom