Everquest 2 - Echoes of Faydwer Review @ DriverHeaven.net

Inauro

Watcher
DriverHeaven.net takes a look at Echoes of Faydwer, the latest expansion pack for EverQuest II.
When hearing the word MMO most people think of World of Warcraft. With its seven million of subscribers it certainly is dominating the market. Being the largest and most successful game in its genre doesn’t make the other competitors bad however. Take Everquest 2 for example. Most agree that the game is better than the original EQ ever was, yet somehow the number of players doesn’t reflect that. With 2 expansion packs already under the belt it was high time SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) did something to bring the game out of WoW’s shadow. With any luck Echoes of Faydwer will turn out to be that something.
More information.

What was better about the first one?
I am not really sure, since I am not a big mmog player but I am intrested in possibly playing the expansion.

If I read this right, he says all previous content is included in EoF, I remember reading it was just the orginal and EoF not the 2 previous exapnsions as well.

Last edited:
Think I figured out what was going on, asked at EB and finally found some accurate info on Station.com.

Oddly enough if you by it online through digital download it's $40, only getting you this expansion, however if you buy it from the store it's $40 with All previous content.
I wonder if they are doing this as a temp mesure to get the most from the current subscribers, while drawing new customers with what seems a pretty good deal in the store?
If so iirc they used to charge between $10 and $20 for a full expansion, it still seems odd they don't sell it to current players for $20.
Oh not to mention by buying it in store for $40 you also get the first month free which bumps up the value to $55 fo all content and a month of play.

Back
Top Bottom