Grimoire - The Campaign is Over. Time For a New one

Honestly, why are we still covering stories on this clown act? Surely there are other projects more worthy of attention out there that actually do have merit and discipline when it comes to making promises and living up to them.

If we pledge another 10,000 will he just go away?

He used to be just an annoying guy that would pop up every now and then with a bunch of hype he'll never deliver, but now he's taking people's money. How wrong.

People are actually talking about which demo they'll get. Good luck.

10000/23 years

really not a great income for one's time and effort - even if we double it.

Honestly, why are we still covering stories on this clown act? Surely there are other projects more worthy of attention out there that actually do have merit and discipline when it comes to making promises and living up to them.

Come on, you can't deny the whole thing has considerable entertainment value.
@roq: if he really needs most of the money to fulfill pledge rewards, it was a very badly planned campaign. Which would be fitting, of course.

@roq: if he really needs most of the money to fulfill pledge rewards, it was a very badly planned campaign. Which would be fitting, of course.

Well he does get to create all the physical deliverables and artwork, print manuals etc. so although he won't likely have much change from that now, it will come in handy for further physical deliveries in the future. So I think he has made some progress from the campaign.

Well he does get to create all the physical deliverables and artwork, print manuals etc. so although he won't likely have much change from that now, it will come in handy for further physical deliveries in the future. So I think he has made some progress from the campaign.

That might be so, except that he threatened that the physical versions would be exclusive to the backers of the indiegogo campaign, IIRC. Of course if he just continues campaigning endlessly that may not be much of an issue :p

is that link legit?

Yes it is, but it has major flaws as of now. An update is coming. It's still worth downloading and firing up though to get a feel of what all the ruckus has been about.

It looks like a fine piece of work that needs some polish (system issues mostly, causing crashed on various versions of Windows).

Some have reported that extracting the files and ignoring the installer greatly reduces the crashes and freezes but i haven't tried yet. I'm in the wrong timezone & it is late.

Hmm yeah it's crashed 5 times in a half hour, but it does still appear reasonably legit. There's definitely the appearance of depth with a ton of stats and skills, although there is little information to let you know what most of them do so it's hard to say how well implemented they all are.

It is pretty much confirmed that the installer is causing the issues (creating folders with insufficient permissions, preventing data reads and writes).

It should be fixed quickly by switching to a better installer.

I downloaded it - and unzipped the installer with 7zip straight to a folder to avoid any issues. Also, running it in a Win XP virtual machine as I've read reports of issues with using a 64 bit OS.

Played around for about 20 minutes and so far it's looking good I must say. Definitely old school in every possible way - like stepping back in time to the early 90s. Tons of stats, lots of options, good flavor text, nice colorful pixel art.

Works for me on Win 7 64 straight with standard install and haven't crashed/frozen yet. Think some people are getting problems with permissions, firewalls etc. the usual stuff.

It's a little hard getting to grips with UI as there isn't any doc yet. Think F1 was meant to give some basic help, but doesn't work on my set up.

EDIT: don't try to ALT Tab out to windows, that seems to have caused the problems with F keys.

Last edited:
I tried tinkering with it on Win 7 64 bit and kept getting crashes so I went back to my virtual XP setup. Played for a couple hours now with no crash.

The interface definitely has its quirks and could use some tooltips - that is my main critique of it so far. But I figured most of it out after a while. Overall I've been enjoying the gameplay and I'm impressed with the amount of detail and depth it has.

How big is the file? The link says 0 KB.

*Edit* Nevermind. I downloaded it, but I'm afraid to install it for some reason. I think I'll wait awhile and see if any of your computers blow up. ;)

Back
Top Bottom