Gothic 3 Amusing assassinations, or bloodlust is fun

Zaleukos

Bum
EDIT: should this be here or in the general G3 forum?

Just finished the game for the Beliar side, where you have to kill a few people, including a shaman in Geldern who has more shaman support close by. Since I always find Geldern one of the riskiest places to liberate I decided to improve on a previous attempt with bloodlust, a fun little spell that makes NPCs go berserk. Shamans are immune to the spell, but the orc warriors near him are not. Warriors or even goblins will also beat almost any caster in a 1-1 AI duel, since they hit faster than the caster can cast. The problem and reason for me not succeeding before is that bloodlusted warriors dont fight to the death (shamen do though).

So I tried freezing the warrior with ice bolt (or whatever that spell is called). The shaman just stood there staring, not doing anything. My next experiment was however more successful. Bloodlusting a second warrior to make him attack the first warrior would give the shaman time to cast his spells and kill the first warrior. Since the warrior was killed by magic fire the other orcs start screaming bloody murder and make short work of mr Shaman. It seems like the orcs do practice equality before the law:p

The same trick should work with Zuben and the lions (animals will always fight to the death), though its easy to simply lure him out of sight for the kill. The lions are also pretty low on hp compared to Zuben, so one would have to keep healing them, much in the same one as one help Lee take care of his business with the king.

As for that particular assassination it turned out to be easy due to a bug. I wanted to let Lee take care of the king, but due to a void bug the king was stuck at the bottom of the barrier (he wasnt in his throne room, and console teleporting found him underneath the castle together with two paladins), so I had to take care of him myself. I just had to monitor my health as the barrier was sucking away my hitpoints. Btw, I wonder why they botherd to make the barrier a complete sphere rather than just an open half...

My favourite "assassination" is however still the instance when I made a cave worth of sandcrawlers take out the grand temple of Bakaresh:)

There are a few things I like doing:

- Pull the ogres out from the cave under Cape Dun, at the start of the game. The ogres will butcher most of the city, making it easy to liberate.

- Use summoned demons as killers in and near cities. A demon has no problem defeating most humans.

- Get friendly in a place(75 rep), then start pulling people out one by one. As long as you're friendly, the rest won't attack just because you attack one guy, and as long as you don't stay near a guard you won't get blamed for the murder. This way, you can pull out most guards and fight them one by one, as long as you never walk near a guard and get the "Hold! You are wanted for murder!" message. Never kill anyone in sight of anyone else, or it will trigger the "city alarm", where the whole city comes to kill you.

This is definitely the right place ...

Get friendly in a place(75 rep), then start pulling people out one by one. As long as you're friendly, the rest won't attack just because you attack one guy, and as long as you don't stay near a guard you won't get blamed for the murder.
That is hilarious ... I did bits of that in Orc towns when I planned to liberate them, but you can do it anywhere without real issue. Only my Paladin morality wouldn't allow me to do it just for fun ;)

That is hilarious ... I did bits of that in Orc towns when I planned to liberate them, but you can do it anywhere without real issue. Only my Paladin morality wouldn't allow me to do it just for fun ;)

And what about your orc mercenary morality? ;)

When I get to much of bloodlust, I turn on the cheats. This way I can take out the whole city at once. (And yeah, you play the game first without the cheats)

It seems like G3 uses counters to trigger a lot of reactions.

I've noticed that once enough people are dead (and you kill the last one) they wont trust you pleading innocence. That happened to me in Bakaresh after the unfortunate crawler incident. I killed one of the two guards you gather reports from, and when I talked to Silvio he accused me of murder and attacked me! But since so many people were dead already it turned out that it was enough to kill Silvio and one nameless hashishin to finish the liberation:p

Hey a question to anyone who has sided with beliar. How does "the murder skill" work? I'm thinking of making an assasin.. master of 2 swords, archery , all the thieving skills (like the murder), silent hunter, black magic..that sort of things :). I never gotten to ishtar so far..always my good morals get in a way, but this time I'm going to be determined and kill those water mages and nomads.. :D

I've played a "Black Mage": 300 strength for health regeneration, 250 ancient knowledge for mana regeneration and all the best spells, 250 hunting for dualwield and all hunter skills + the best bow.

It's a fairly challenging game untill you get either health regeneration or mana regeneration, due to the rather weak buildup (no strong focus area). It becomes quite cool after you get to a certain point though - very nice to freeze anyone nearby, then go at them with master dualwield.

I never actually got the murder skill, I simply didn't have points to spend on thieving when levelling up, as it takes a lot of various skills to make a successful Black Mage.

My final build wasnt that dissimilar to Maylanders'. I didnt bother with murder either. I think I ended with something like 45 thieving skill. Didnt really play the fellow as a mage while getting there though.

I think I started by getting up hunting for the trophy skills, then built strength to about 180, then hunting for the nimrod bow, and after that magic. I found that once I had a self-forged bastard sword I could melee out of many situations, and once I had the bow I could deal with those few problematic nasties (hordes of sandcrawlers, individual ogres and trolls) that were too tough for a not all that strong melee fighter. You get a passable melee fighter with relatively low strength, while a pure mage or particularly an archer would have to invest much more into their primary attributes. I switched to magic (always make sure to grab that low grade ice spell to freeze enemies, and the two healing spells) only after getting mana regen. Dual wield wasnt my cup of tea at all:p

I also started a guy by pumping AK (to get quick learning early), but he had a much harder time than this fellow. Without mana regen you burn through your mana supply quite quickly, so having some extra melee strength helps a lot in the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom