RPGWatch - Game of the Year 2013 Voting

all my votes for most anticipated went to indies. Because I am honestly looking forward to those games more than the major anticipated releases. Those indies might not contain great gameplay when all is said and done but they all have unique concepts that I eagerly want to see how they play out.

Despite the fact that Bioshock Infinite was not really an RPG, it was my favorite game of last year, so it got my #1 pick.

You know it's a rough year when one of the best RPGs was a re-release of a game from 14 years ago (BGII Extended).

2014 on the other hand... too many awesome games to count.

I didn't vote for best of 2013. Thanks for including that option :)

I'm only looking forward to playing three games on the most anticipated list, so that part was easy, too.

I am already playing the alpha. 1st time I ever did this :p

Really? I used to try to get into alpha testing all the time, but decided to knock it off with that after I was already burned out on the game before it even shipped, a few times. Still, it can be fun :)

First time in a long, long time that I didn't play a single game on the list. The 2014 list was a little more encouraging, though.

I'm not sure any of those on the 2013 list is an RPG. I picked Conquistador.

Edit: Oh, BG:EE is the exhumation of a great RPG, although I didn't play it.

I always feel bad when this time of the year comes around and I find out I have played only one of the contenders.

Add to that the complication that I have played several games in alpha and beta.

*This past year I have on average played 2 hours of PlanetSide 2 per day... so that leaves little room for other games...

Age of Decadence is missing I think.

Is it not coming out in 2014 anymore?

I am sad it's not on there, if only for the fact that I can't make a joke about it probably not coming out this year, like I've been doing for the last 3 years when it was on the anticipated list.

voted for:

1.) Conquistador
2.) Avadon 2
3.) Van Helsing

Are these the only real CRPGs in this list?

1.) Divinity: Original Sin
2.) Wasteland 2
3.) Lords of Xulima

Hey, I need more votes for 2014 … :)

Last edited:
Only played one 2013 RPG on the list, "Path of Exile", and didn't even come close to finishing it. I guess I'll click on "other" and look forward instead. :)

Need more votes for 2014 too, too much nice RPGs to choose... (even if you consider only the big ones, they're more than 3...)

voted for:

1.) Conquistador
2.) Avadon 2
3.) Van Helsing

Are these the only real CRPGs in this list?

Why is Van Helsing more CRPG than Path of Exile?
Blade of Destiny HD is as far as CRPGs can be CRPGs.
Even if Shadowrun and Demonicon are a tiny bit linear, they are still CRPGs.
BG2:EE?

Back
Top Bottom